Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2020-21 NBA Playoff Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No way Simmons is a Sixer next year right? And he couldn’t have hurt his value any worse than he did this postseason. 25/73 from the line over 12 playoff games… yeesh

I’d imagine they’re stuck with him. Unless he comes out firing and hitting next year at a great rate and they can dupe someone into taking him, I can’t see why anyone would give up anything of value. 

Haaaaawwwwkkkksssssss

And basketball isn’t as complicated as some people make it. I’ll take small guards that can score (Trae and Seth) over guys that have no skill

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can’t believe Sixers lost to the Hawks. That’s gonna haunt them for a long time. Simmons is so broken, wonder what it would take to get him. Harris, Ross and bulls pick? Too much? Could be a good reclamation project like Markelle. 

2 hours ago, harley said:

Can’t believe Sixers lost to the Hawks. That’s gonna haunt them for a long time. Simmons is so broken, wonder what it would take to get him. Harris, Ross and bulls pick? Too much? Could be a good reclamation project like Markelle. 

Don't want more reclamation projects who don't shoot.  We've had way too many of those IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Don't want more reclamation projects who don't shoot.  We've had way too many of those IMO.

Sad but agree with you here. Ironically, we got Fultz from what team?

40 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Tbh after this series I might be feeling:

Fultz > Simmons

That’s a tough call. Simmons is an elite defender which Fultz currently isn’t, and is probably today a better passer. Neither can reliably shoot, but I would rather bet on Fultz to get better at it, especially since he is not afraid to actually attempt shots (thanks to having not been in situations he is afraid to fail in lol). Fultz also isn’t on a max contract.

7 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

That’s a tough call. Simmons is an elite defender which Fultz currently isn’t, and is probably today a better passer. Neither can reliably shoot, but I would rather bet on Fultz to get better at it, especially since he is not afraid to actually attempt shots (thanks to having not been in situations he is afraid to fail in lol). Fultz also isn’t on a max contract.

That last sentence is the difference. Fultz will make 16.5mm this coming year, while Simmons will make 33mm. Fultz has only two years guaranteed, while Simmons has an escalating four years guaranteed. Simmons is a huge commitment that will either sink or propel a team. 

7 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I don't actually think Simmons is a notably better passer than Fultz but I guess he's marginally better. And yea the pay is the big difference. For essentially double the salary you get... A better defensive player and marginally better passer and I'd argue a worse scorer on the whole.

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Haaaaawwwwkkkksssssss

And basketball isn’t as complicated as some people make it. I’ll take small guards that can score (Trae and Seth) over guys that have no skill

Not sure you watched the game but Huerter exploited his matchup with Seth all game. That was the biggest x-factor in how Atlanta won, imho. But I agree that we need dude’s who can actually shoot.

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Not sure you watched the game but Huerter exploited his matchup with Seth all game. That was the biggest x-factor in how Atlanta won, imho. But I agree that we need dude’s who can actually shoot.

Yea small dudes get abused in the playoffs. But for whatever reason nobody has had the right personnel to really exploit Trae in these playoffs yet. I expect that might change in the Bucks series.

Gianni's/Lopez/Tucker/Holiday/Middleton. Who does Trae guard? You either have him straight up on Holiday who should cook him or you try and hide him on Tucker and hope you don't get mauled on the offensive glass. 

My gut reaction is Bucks in 5. But to be fair to the Hawks I also thought the 6ers would beat them.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea small dudes get abused in the playoffs. But for whatever reason nobody has had the right personnel to really exploit Trae in these playoffs yet. I expect that might change in the Bucks series.

Gianni's/Lopez/Tucker/Holiday/Middleton. Who does Trae guard? You either have him straight up on Holiday who should cook him or you try and hide him on Tucker and hope you don't get mauled on the offensive glass. 

My gut reaction is Bucks in 5. But to be fair to the Hawks I also thought the 6ers would beat them.

You just got me excited for the series... and you just got Mauro riled up!