Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2020-21 NBA Playoff Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, MagicMoses said:

Embiid day-to-day with small meniscus tear. Surely he's out for the playoffs???

I’d have to think the winner of the Bucks/Nets series will win the East now, making that matchup even more interesting. 

Yeah, he is real good. Just has that "it" factor that everyone wants but cannot put into words. The kid played basketball all his life, his parents played, he chose to stay close to home and go to Oklahoma. Absolutely dominated in College. Fun to watch, i hope he plays well vs Philly. 

If Reddish and Okongwu reach their potential on the defensive side, this Hawks team will be a handful for years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah, he is real good. Just has that "it" factor that everyone wants but cannot put into words. The kid played basketball all his life, his parents played, he chose to stay close to home and go to Oklahoma. Absolutely dominated in College. Fun to watch, i hope he plays well vs Philly. 

If Reddish and Okongwu reach their potential on the defensive side, this Hawks team will be a handful for years.

I remember all the people on our forum who didn’t want Trae Young, felt he was one dimensional, wouldn’t work in the playoffs etc.  Sone were even thanking Atlanta for making a historic mistake which allowed us to get Bamba.  

On 5/28/2021 at 10:24 PM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Lakers to win the West is 2.25 odds

Free money

Lol hope you didn't bet too much man. 

8 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Lol hope you didn't bet too much man. 

Not on this particular bet, thankfully.

This series had so many ups and downs with injuries, what a disaster

I think it's time for Portland to blow it up a bit. Fire Stotts, maybe even fire Olshey. If I were them I'd be keeping (or trying to keep) Dame, Powell, Covington and probably Nurkic and literally anyone else is moveable or expendable. 

Try and flip McCollum for a big wing and some assets. Get a mobile backup C and ditch Kanter. See if you can flip Simons for something that helps you more right now. Add vets rather than youth to round out the roster. 

It just seems a shame to let Dame's prime go by without ever being a true title contender and I can't see this current set up getting there.

Seeing Booker blowup is tough because he wanted to be in Orlando. Perhaps Jalen Green can bring that same kind of nasty to O-Town.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think it's time for Portland to blow it up a bit. Fire Stotts, maybe even fire Olshey. If I were them I'd be keeping (or trying to keep) Dame, Powell, Covington and probably Nurkic and literally anyone else is moveable or expendable. 

Try and flip McCollum for a big wing and some assets. Get a mobile backup C and ditch Kanter. See if you can flip Simons for something that helps you more right now. Add vets rather than youth to round out the roster. 

It just seems a shame to let Dame's prime go by without ever being a true title contender and I can't see this current set up getting there.

FO hands are tied because of Dame. He won't allow them to trade McCollum and would almost certainly likely request a trade if they did so don't see what firing the FO would do. When over 60% of your capspace is tied down to 2 players because your star wants to play with his bestie then it leaves them having to be super creative with the remainder of the roster.