Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2020-21 NBA Playoff Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Brooks isn't nearly as good normally as he's been in this series. 

I actually think he is. I have watched him during the regular season. He might be scoring more now, but his energy, intensity and ability already caught my eye a few months back. I like this type of hustle and scorers, kind of what tobias was/is, ariza when he was with us, and without taking into account the different positions and careers, how westbrook plays.

I think this guy can easily evolve into a tobias harris type of career, if not better 

1 hour ago, alwaystragic said:

I actually think he is. I have watched him during the regular season. He might be scoring more now, but his energy, intensity and ability already caught my eye a few months back. I like this type of hustle and scorers, kind of what tobias was/is, ariza when he was with us, and without taking into account the different positions and careers, how westbrook plays.

I think this guy can easily evolve into a tobias harris type of career, if not better 

I think two games is a little sample to judge from. Both his fg% and his 3fg% are significantly higher than either his career or his season averages. That doesn’t mean he can’t improve, but it suggests he is on a streak and will probably come back down. 

Brooks is obviously talented but his tunnel vision / selfishness is a little too high for my liking. Not sure that can be coached out of a player.

--

This Heat team has no offense. I'd put my money on a sweep right now

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I think two games is a little sample to judge from. Both his fg% and his 3fg% are significantly higher than either his career or his season averages. That doesn’t mean he can’t improve, but it suggests he is on a streak and will probably come back down. 

maybe you didnt read my last post. I have watched him during the season as well. I am not just saying this because he was good the first couple of games against the jazz

this is the type of players i like, slashers/hustlers/intense. I mentioned some examples before. He is also extremely athletic and poised. Seems destined to do great things.

1 hour ago, alwaystragic said:

maybe you didnt read my last post. I have watched him during the season as well. I am not just saying this because he was good the first couple of games against the jazz

this is the type of players i like, slashers/hustlers/intense. I mentioned some examples before. He is also extremely athletic and poised. Seems destined to do great things.

I did read it, actually. I’ve been impressed with him as well, I’m just not convinced what he’s doing now is sustainable, as his career and season numbers show. I like his game and his hustle, attacking approach; but I think he is going to come back down closer to his usual. The first two games are so far above that it seems unsustainable.

7 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

This Heat team has no offense. I'd put my money on a sweep right now

Yea they're finished. I was always pretty confident they were a bit of a bubble fluke. Tyler Herro in particular got massively overrated because of one hot shooting series. People actually had discussions about whether they should give him up for James Harden... He's been awful this series. 

I think an underrated aspect of this series is the Heat's lack of size is killing them. If you guard Giannis with your center (who's undersized anyway) you just have no answer for Lopez on the offensive glass and on deep catches in the paint. And Bam has done nothing offensively to force Milwaukee to go small. He's been really hesitant. 

17 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I agree it doesn't have a basis on who is/isn't a bust - it is just an interesting footnote on who else was available and the overall strength or weakness of that particular draft.

If you had a strong draft with 2-3 all stars, 4-5 other starters, 6-8 career bench players picked after yours and you missed on them, it reflects differently on your front office than if you had a weak draft with only 1-2 all stars, 2-3 other starters, 3-4 career bench players picked after yours. It just says your front office had less to pick from. It's part of what separates some teams' front office/scouting from others - the ability to find the gem in and among the rest. 

Yeah my point was even though hezonja was a bust at 5 which hurts, his overall draft was littered with busts, where as paytons draft has so many more potential players we could have hit on after 10 which is amazing.

12 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Tatum is class. Absolutely fantastic.

He is my favourite player to watch

Cost me a lot of money yesterday, but I have to stop being a degenerate gambler haha