Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2020-21 NBA Playoff Discussion Thread

Idk how much conversation y’all see from Heat fans online, but I tend to think they’re equally delusional and insufferable. It would warm my heart to see them make a first round exit. 

49 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

Idk how much conversation y’all see from Heat fans online, but I tend to think they’re equally delusional and insufferable. It would warm my heart to see them make a first round exit. 

Yes and YES. If your a true magic fan, you root for Miami to fail, epically preferred. 

14 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes and YES. If your a true magic fan, you root for Miami to fail, epically preferred. 

According to several I’ve encountered, no one should be worried about their lackluster regular season, because that wasn’t “playoffs Jimmy” or “playoffs Herro” or “playoffs Bam,” as if they’re some kind of all time established and legendary performers lol. 

EDIT: omg I just now looked at tonight’s box score at work. Hahaha

Yep, smoked.  Just looking at the box-score you could chalk it up to hot 3pt shooting by the Bucks, but the Heat defense was lazy and confused from the get go.  

They looked demoralized, probably realizing that if they can't beat the Bucks when they shoot like crap, they can't beat them at all.  Chuck did GAURANTEE a Bucks sweep though, so epic Heat comeback incoming.  

so if the blazers win tonight it will be both damian lillard being awesome and Aaron Gordon playing some hero ball. Aaron Gordon still paying dividends.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Butler looks awful. Heat don't seem to have enough shooting, and the Bucks play with a lot more energy / urgency.

I saw the first half then went to bed. Yeah, the Heat really benefited from the Bubble last year. They need another big, and another shooter. They traded that big for a shooter who's injured.

It's  over.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

I saw the first half then went to bed. Yeah, the Heat really benefited from the Bubble last year. They need another big, and another shooter. They traded that big for a shooter who's injured.

It's  over.

Yeah, the Heat succeeded in the bubble because Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson got to shoot in an empty gym with zero crowd noise and significantly less pressure. Herro especially has been terrible this year.

9 hours ago, Natesroom said:

so if the blazers win tonight it will be both damian lillard being awesome and Aaron Gordon playing some hero ball. Aaron Gordon still paying dividends.

AG actually did a really nice job in the second half of slowing Lilliard down after he torched Denver in the first half. Apparently AG asked for the assignment. Good for him!

12 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

AG actually did a really nice job in the second half of slowing Lilliard down after he torched Denver in the first half. Apparently AG asked for the assignment. Good for him!

yeah he did come through on defense in the second half.

Never forget the Clippers deliberately tanked the last two games of the regular season for this matchup with the Mavs and now they're down 0-2 and looking like they could get swept. 

Also they gave up assets for Luke Kennard, paid him $14m a season, and he hasn't played a single minute in the playoffs yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Never forget the Clippers deliberately tanked the last two games of the regular season for this matchup with the Mavs and now they're down 0-2 and looking like they could get swept. 

Also they gave up assets for Luke Kennard, paid him $14m a season, and he hasn't played a single minute in the playoffs yet.

I didn't watch the game, just looking at the box score. Can't beat a team that shoots over 50% from 3. Clippers are in trouble. Just goes to show you, we need to build a complete team. Even teams with super stars can have match-up problems. Beverly and Morris have regressed big time, they are not starter worthy. Ibaka and Rondo are old and all the retreads they have like Batum and Jackson were losers who were benched on bad teams because of poor play.