Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2020-21 NBA Playoff Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

would anyone be willing to part with our 2 first round picks for a sign and trade for Kawai? We could send Otto Porter for Salary it works straight up in TRADE MACHINE... With all our other talent this could be something. Problem is he only has two years left and he could walk away and we have nothing from that draft. 

This sounds like you asking this seriously so i will answer that way. Porter is a free agent. His Salary cannot be used for anything. Plus that would never happen. The thing we need to do is  make small moves. Our goal should be to put low key vets around the team to help them along and then make a trade or free agent in the 2022 or 2023 offseason.

Here is a small example. Pacers rumored to be done with Warren, they like Holiday,Brissett more plus they are cheaper. We could make a small trade for his last year and he can hit 3's and take over the small forward spot for a bit while preserving future cap space. 

Also this is the playoff thread so lets keep the offseason stuff in the other thread. I replied before i realized which thread this was.

I'm listening to Colin Cowherd right now and he said he was going to bet big on the Lakers tonight. So that must mean the Warriors are going to win.

15 hours ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

Not really, all those guys should be back next year.  The Clippers on the other hand, need to make it happen soon.  IIRC Kawhi can bounce after this year if he wants to.  

sorry i was replying to this when i asked about kawhi. 

Purely as a biased and subjective fan, the only Eastern team I would be rooting for in the Finals is Milwaukee and I don’t care what happens in the West, but it would be awesome if the Lakers didn’t even make the playoffs lol. 

I thought Kawhi went to LAC to be "at home" or as close to as possible. Can't see that one in any shape or form. Could definitely see bad things happen re: Paul George though, or Ballmer just having enough and going over and above to redirect it all

On 5/19/2021 at 7:54 PM, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I thought Kawhi went to LAC to be "at home" or as close to as possible. Can't see that one in any shape or form. Could definitely see bad things happen re: Paul George though, or Ballmer just having enough and going over and above to redirect it all

George just got signed to a big extension, so he's probably not going anywhere.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 1:34 PM, hootie249 said:

Here is a small example. Pacers rumored to be done with Warren, they like Holiday,Brissett more plus they are cheaper. We could make a small trade for his last year and he can hit 3's and take over the small forward spot for a bit while preserving future cap space. 

Warren has high knucklehead factor, don't think Magic would want that around the young guys.   

9 hours ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

Warren has high knucklehead factor, don't think Magic would want that around the young guys.   

Yeah but here is the thing. That's opportunity. A ton of people on these boards think losing is the worse for a teams mental health. And those are valid concerns. I think it is better for a team to squeeze out 30-35 wins during a rebuild then to bottom out. This team needs shooting. He only gets paid 11 million. He would only be available because he is a knucklehead. Bring him in for a year, let him shoot his heart out. Takes the pressure off the young guys. I'd rather have a balanced team. More offense, less blowouts. Still have flexibility because it's only a one year commitment. But, again i shouldn't be responding, wrong thread. 

Eastern Conference is set. Washington won. I think the Sixers are going to sweep them. I don't see much entertainment value in that series. 

Yea the East play in games sucked. 3 blow outs and no interesting first round matchups came from it really. 

I guess Celtics/Nets would have been interesting if Jaylen Brown wasn't hurt and the Celtics hadn't been awful all year. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea the East play in games sucked. 3 blow outs and no interesting first round matchups came from it really. 

I guess Celtics/Nets would have been interesting if Jaylen Brown wasn't hurt and the Celtics hadn't been awful all year. 

I agree this would have been a pretty good series with Brown. Tatum and Brown have shown for years they actually play better in the playoffs, and Kemba is about as healthy as he can be.

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah but here is the thing. That's opportunity. A ton of people on these boards think losing is the worse for a teams mental health. And those are valid concerns. I think it is better for a team to squeeze out 30-35 wins during a rebuild then to bottom out. This team needs shooting. He only gets paid 11 million. He would only be available because he is a knucklehead. Bring him in for a year, let him shoot his heart out. Takes the pressure off the young guys. I'd rather have a balanced team. More offense, less blowouts. Still have flexibility because it's only a one year commitment. But, again i shouldn't be responding, wrong thread. 

Eastern Conference is set. Washington won. I think the Sixers are going to sweep them. I don't see much entertainment value in that series. 

Copied and pasted to a new 2021-22 Offseason thread, and replied there.

Can anyone explain the Hawks to me? They fired their coach and replaced with Nate McMillen. Since then they have been pretty on fire. I dont follow them and i am not sure of what changes/new offense that he brought to the team that opened them up. If anyone can point me to a nice article or something written about that it would be much appreciated.