Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic @ Hornets - May 7, 2021

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Thanks TMF - always like your game thread starters. You rock!

Oh, and thank you so very much jmmagicfan. I love doing the game thread starters, and I enjoy reading comments from our participants. I've learned a lot.  sA9rM4.png

Jmmagicfan when you say to me "You rock," It reminds me of this gif (one of many) stored in my gif/meme files.

o6PNBR.gif*Smile*

• Like 1

Some encouraging performances from our young guys and a loss.

Sunday vs Timberwolves we need to lose that for sure. 

18 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Some encouraging performances from our young guys and a loss.

Sunday vs Timberwolves we need to lose that for sure. 

Instead of worrying about losing, I’d like to see our young guys learning to share the ball and trust each other.  We had a grand total of 19 assists in a game where we scored 112 points.  I want to see them play properly rather than develop bad habits,  and if that leads to a win, fine with me.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Instead of worrying about losing, I’d like to see our young guys learning to share the ball and trust each other.  We had a grand total of 19 assists in a game where we scored 112 points.  I want to see them play properly rather than develop bad habits,  and if that leads to a win, fine with me.  

I am not worried. I understand your views and opinions totally but for me i will take 5 losses and finish this seasom with a smile knowing that our future is ridiculously bright. We need to give ourselves the best possible shot at doing so then our front office have to nail what they do. These next 5 games will have no bearing on our young guys future. They are all extremely hard workers who are gonna get a whole summer to work on their games finally and they will no doubt all work together alot. They have great chemistry off the court and its building on the court. 

We are going to be very good next season if it goes how i think it will

One big silver lining from the last two games is that Bamba has had to play a lot, as he’s the only healthy true center right now. At this point, he has nothing to hide behind with his mistakes, playing time, defense, etc. At times he’s looked good, and at times he’s looked awful. Either way, he can’t make any more excuses.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I am not worried. I understand your views and opinions totally but for me i will take 5 losses and finish this seasom with a smile knowing that our future is ridiculously bright. We need to give ourselves the best possible shot at doing so then our front office have to nail what they do. These next 5 games will have no bearing on our young guys future. They are all extremely hard workers who are gonna get a whole summer to work on their games finally and they will no doubt all work together alot. They have great chemistry off the court and its building on the court. 

We are going to be very good next season if it goes how i think it will

I hope you're right but I don't share your optimism at all.  Unless there are wholesale changes, we will barely have anyone on our roster with more than 2 years actual NBA experience.  And I don't see any reason to expect that this group will suddenly start playing better after a few months off over the summer.  We used to count on that all the time with the "young guns" during the last rebuild and it never happened.

If we're going to not be a doormat next season, it would be nice to see signs of life now.  Right now I could see us being bottom 3-4 next season.