Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic vs Grizzlies - May 1, 2021

4 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Cole's been putting up fine numbers, but Markelle is still our PG, right? Or is that all of the sudden up for debate? 

If Cole finishes the season with this kind of production, we might end up with a 2 point guard system (if there is such a thing in the NBA). I know it happens in college and pro football.

Cole is showing more and more confidence as a leader and his play on the court.

6 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Cole's been putting up fine numbers, but Markelle is still our PG, right? Or is that all of the sudden up for debate? 

Throwing everything in the pot and see what comes up. Regardless we need guys who can finish games. He seems to be one such player

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Throwing everything in the pot and see what comes up. Regardless we need guys who can finish games. He seems to be one such player

Good point.  There is no getting away from the fact that Fultz' 3-point shot is a weakness.  If Fultz had the ball in this same situation I'm not sure what he could have done.  They had clogged the paint which made driving impossible.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I think this is actually perfect for today’s nba. Guard heavy rotation, I think we start Kelle and Cole next year. Kelle guards the bigger guard and runs the offense. 

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think this is actually perfect for today’s nba. Guard heavy rotation, I think we start Kelle and Cole next year. Kelle guards the bigger guard and runs the offense. 

Also in a 6th man role similar to the Dinwiddle, he could share the backcourt with Fultz, or manage some PG minutes with the other SG.

I'm not that sold on Cole still, a long way to go, but man, we need some of those kind of players not afraid of anything and always providing high effort.

11 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

He's always had more potential than Fultz, in my eyes

Still think Fultz is a better player than Cole. Cole has the shot making. For everything else I'm taking Fultz at least at the moment. But I do think they can play together in a Lowry/FVV kind of way. Honestly it'd benefit Cole to create less against a half court defense. 

That game was very fun. Best Hampton game so far.

I'd love to know what Cole was shouting when he hit the shot. I was sure at one point he said "I don't give a ***** about no tanking" which if true is hilarious. 

The thing about Cole is I don't think he's ever going to be an All Star and I'm not certain he's going to be an above average starter but he's definitely someone who I want on the court in crunch time.

I’m sure like many others Cole is now my favourite Magic player. He’s a menace out there. I think I can decipher him yelling “I don’t care about no f in tanking” and “this is my f in city!” 
We have been crying out for a player like him 

• Upvote 1