Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic @ Grizzlies - April 30, 2021

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

This exactly.  Teamwork is nearly zero.  Terrible to watch.  

I know. What are they doing in practice. Do the coaches actually coach schemes or do they just let the players do shoot arounds. There seems to be no organization on the court, just do your own thing.

Is it just me, but why do we get off to a good to decent start (with the starters) in the first 1 an a half quarters,  but when players are subbed in, the momentum shifts to the other team? They go on a run.

In the off season, I would get rid of just about everybody that's currently suited up and playing. I'm not talking about Cole and Bamba. (Note: I said "currently" suited up and playing--not the key players that are injured)

How does the Magic start out looking like they finally turned the corner, within 5 points of the other team in the first quarter, then end up losing by 17 pts. with the other team's garbage time players on the court in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. 

That first half was some of the best basketball we've played in a while and might have been Bamba's best half of basketball in a Magic uniform. 

The third quarter was a car crash. It's like everyone forgot how to play. Hampton was dreadful, I haven't looked at the stats but he must have been responsible for 4 TOs in the 3rd alone. And the whole teams transition defense was embarrassing. Multiple guys either gambling or giving up rather than playing defense. 

I like Mo Wagner. He's a bit clumsy and he obviously didn't know all the offensive sets but I think there's a useful player in there if he can get that shot to drop a little more. He's an irritant to opposing big men, he sets hard screens, he can pass and dribble a bit and I thought he looked quite good on defense.

I'm ready to call the Dwayne Bacon era to a close. In the middle of a 5-0 run in the 4th cutting the lead to like 13 and then he bricks up a running, contested 14 foot floater to kill all momentum. If you get another bucket there and keep momentum you possibly cut the lead to single digits and who knows what happens. Fortunately for the tank Dwayne Bacon has never seen a contested shot he didn't like (open ones he'll pass up though..).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

That first half was some of the best basketball we've played in a while and might have been Bamba's best half of basketball in a Magic uniform. 

The third quarter was a car crash. It's like everyone forgot how to play. Hampton was dreadful, I haven't looked at the stats but he must have been responsible for 4 TOs in the 3rd alone. And the whole teams transition defense was embarrassing. Multiple guys either gambling or giving up rather than playing defense. 

I like Mo Wagner. He's a bit clumsy and he obviously didn't know all the offensive sets but I think there's a useful player in there if he can get that shot to drop a little more. He's an irritant to opposing big men, he sets hard screens, he can pass and dribble a bit and I thought he looked quite good on defense.

I'm ready to call the Dwayne Bacon era to a close. In the middle of a 5-0 run in the 4th cutting the lead to like 13 and then he bricks up a running, contested 14 foot floater to kill all momentum. If you get another bucket there and keep momentum you possibly cut the lead to single digits and who knows what happens. Fortunately for the tank Dwayne Bacon has never seen a contested shot he didn't like (open ones he'll pass up though..).

I agree with your assessment, CTMagicUK.

Except for the 1st quarter and most of the 2nd, the entire team was a mess, especially while Cole was on the bench (Bamba played well of course).

It wasn't until Cole returned to the floor--at point guard--a little order was restored.

But, my goodness, as I said before, the other Magic players act like it was a pickup game--do your own thing--I gotta get mine.

No defense.

• Upvote 1