Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic vs Lakers - April 26th, 2021

53 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I don't have cable, so I just follow along on the box score. Looks like Okeke is being more aggressive, which is great. Is RJ still lost at this point? I'm just never impressed by the box score with the games I miss. Wendall also looks like he's getting dominated when in. 

I don’t understand Carter’s +/- because Bamba was AWFUL against Harrell. His man-to-man defense made me leave the room. Lol

8 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

good news. detroit and minnesota won

bad news. chicago won

Ah it's not terrible news. I'd rather not give them a chance to keep their pick at all so let 'em win a couple here and there right? Overall pretty decent tank night

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alwaystragic said:

gary harris career fg %: over 45%

gary harris fg % for the magic: less than 32%

I know these are still meaningless games, but this guy is shooting worse than bacon

Wouldn’t pay too much attention to this, Gary Harris has never had to create this much in his career, he’s much more of a spot up shooter who benefits off or other players playmaking. We don’t have any decent playmakers right now

52 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

bad news. chicago won

We want the closest pick to #6+ for Chicago as possible without having them get into that top 3. The more they lose, the more we play with fire in losing that pick this year. This year's top 10 is deep, so we really don't want that. 

I'd rather guarantee us get the #10 pick than possibly get the #7 pick and increase the chance of them getting a top 3 pick by 20%. We're just playing with fire as we cheer for them to lose every game! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

bad news. chicago won

Just looked at the scores. Very exciting! Our next loss puts us tied for 2nd worst. We don't even have to try and tank, we have the squad for it to happen naturally :D

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Just looked at the scores. Very exciting! Our next loss puts us tied for 2nd worst. We don't even have to try and tank, we have the squad for it to happen naturally :D

Oh, we’re tanking. Ross, Ennis, Otto and MCW all being held out without serious injuries are stealth tank moves

Here's a dumb thing I'm going to try where instead of typing my thoughts after the game I keep note as I'm watching the game:

Wow that's a really nice play on the first possession for WCJ.

It's going to be a long game for Chuma trying to guard AD. 

Imagine having Marc Gasol and instead starting Andre Drummond...

Okeke dunk on Drummond! 

Oh god I feel like Harrell is going to destroy Bamba on defense 

I love Okeke. He needs to dribble less though. More quick moves and smart passes, less trying to handle in traffic. Though if he's going to try handling might as well be in a lost season like this. 

Haven't yet seen a replay but that looks a terrible charge call on Franks against Caruso. And corrected thankfully. Still a dreadful call. 

Robert Franks is playing incredibly well. 

David Steele don't mention Gary Harris was a HS wide receiver challenge. 

I know we'll probably lose this game but here in the end of the second quarter we're battling like hell and it's incredibly fun. 

In the game of 'which random opposition player will catch fire in the 3rd and kill us?' I'm going to guess Kyle Kuzma. 

It's probably for the best Marc Gasol isn't playing tonight because he would more than likely have embarrassed our two young bigs. 

Remember when Harrell compared himself to Dennis Rodman and proved he had never seen Dennis Rodman play. Dude doesn't play defense he just fouls and then complains. 

Cole has been great this game. 

Man we cannot guard Schroeder.

AD dagger. At least we kept it competitive the whole game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Here's a dumb thing I'm going to try where instead of typing my thoughts after the game I keep note as I'm watching the game:

Wow that's a really nice play on the first possession for WCJ.

It's going to be a long game for Chuma trying to guard AD. 

Imagine having Marc Gasol and instead starting Andre Drummond...

Okeke dunk on Drummond! 

Oh god I feel like Harrell is going to destroy Bamba on defense 

I love Okeke. He needs to dribble less though. More quick moves and smart passes, less trying to handle in traffic. Though if he's going to try handling might as well be in a lost season like this. 

Haven't yet seen a replay but that looks a terrible charge call on Franks against Caruso. And corrected thankfully. Still a dreadful call. 

Robert Franks is playing incredibly well. 

David Steele don't mention Gary Harris was a HS wide receiver challenge. 

I know we'll probably lose this game but here in the end of the second quarter we're battling like hell and it's incredibly fun. 

In the game of 'which random opposition player will catch fire in the 3rd and kill us?' I'm going to guess Kyle Kuzma. 

It's probably for the best Marc Gasol isn't playing tonight because he would more than likely have embarrassed our two young bigs. 

Remember when Harrell compared himself to Dennis Rodman and proved he had never seen Dennis Rodman play. Dude doesn't play defense he just fouls and then complains. 

Cole has been great this game. 

Man we cannot guard Schroeder.

AD dagger. At least we kept it competitive the whole game. 

Hahaha hope you are ok mate

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Hahaha hope you are ok mate

I had no idea why you were asking me that and then I read back my post and now I understand because all the unconnected thoughts one after the other totally make it seem like I'm insane haha

• Upvote 1