TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic vs Pelicans - April 22nd, 2021

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

We look like the 76ers 10 or 12 years ago? They were  at the bottom of the eastern conference for at least a decade.

I don't mean to be facetious, but it was 3 seasons. They got their guys, improved and here they are. Same thing just about happened with OKC post-drafting KD

13 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I don't mean to be facetious, but it was 3 seasons. They got their guys, improved and here they are. Same thing just about happened with OKC post-drafting KD

Thanks for correcting me. That's not being facetious. It just seemed like it was 10 years ago.  :)

12 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Thanks for correcting me. That's not being facetious. It just seemed like it was 10 years ago.  :)

No worries one way or the other, TMF. I just really am hoping (not betting, mind) that this time we actually do want to wait to build up until we actually get the guy who is going to lead the team for 10 years and not just force ill-equipped players into those roles. It'd be great to keep some good inexpensive guys like Gary Harris around the place but yeah I don't want them to keep promoting and upping the salary of like... the next Vuc. I like the guy but everyone in the league is dreaming if they think he is a franchise guy even after all this time.

Turned it off in the third quarter. 

Overwhelming feeling is that yea this is a team of young guys but there's also a lot of low feel guys out there. Of the guys who played last night there's probably only 2 guys I really care about bringing back next season, Cole and Chuma, I could maybe be talked into RJ as the third. That's it. 

I strive to do anything in life with the same confidence Dwayne Bacon shoots the basketball. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Overwhelming feeling is that yea this is a team of young guys but there's also a lot of low feel guys out there. Of the guys who played last night there's probably only 2 guys I really care about bringing back next season, Cole and Chuma, I could maybe be talked into RJ as the third. That's it. 

I strive to do anything in life with the same confidence Dwayne Bacon shoots the basketball. 

53 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I agree. Cliff needs to hold these guys accountable and I'm glad he's the coach.

You see, this is fine, he didn't name the players that were terrible to the media which is something I dislike but he is calling them out in the locker room which is what he should be doing. It's why I have no issues with us losing out the rest of the season becuase Clifford will teach them the right way. He was pretty clear that we're developing them and that its ok to lose if they play the right way but that it's not ok to lose if they play the wrong way. (Was clear to me that a lot of that was aimed at Bamba)

Cole's shot selection is nothing short of terrible and Bamba, honestly, I hope they they find a way to trade him next year. I don't see him having a future here. Wendell has shown he will be a solid starter in the league and Chuma has shown enough with his help defence that he can be a solid reserve. They're the only 2 young players for me that are worth keeping around. I hope Cole shows more next season when he's actually had a full training camp and RJ right now is crazy raw, all athleticism and no basketball skill.

The FO is matching OKC in fully tanking now. The entire bench was pretty much G League and we're trying to hold out every remaining vet. Harris needs minutes after being out for so long injured, that's probably the only reason he's playing atm. As bad as it is to watch, it's the right thing. The young guys are getting meaningful minutes (they will learn a lot from tonights game) and we're giving ourselves the best odds we can (we just need some luck finally) The Detroit game is going to be hugely important for lottery ramifications.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I’d probably add Harris to the list of guys I wouldn’t mind seeing back next season, but I see your point. RJ is gonna have his hands full competing for backcourt minutes against Fultz, Cole, Ross, Harris and at least one of the rookies we draft. He needs to improve significantly to have a chance at cracking a real NBA rotation.

13 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’d probably add Harris to the list of guys I wouldn’t mind seeing back next season, but I see your point. RJ is gonna have his hands full competing for backcourt minutes against Fultz, Cole, Ross, Harris and at least one of the rookies we draft. He needs to improve significantly to have a chance at cracking a real NBA rotation.

On Harris I can see why you'd want to keep him I just haven't been convinced either way and if we found a trade for him to net assets I'd be more than happy to pull the trigger.

On RJ agree 100%. By all accounts he's an incredibly hard worker but his biggest weakness in my opinion is his feel for the game and I'm not sure you can just get better at that by being in the gym a bunch.