TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic vs Rockets - April 18th, 2021

1 minute ago, Natesroom said:

lol i think he means getting Wendell carter, lol. Maybe benefit of the doubt

Definitely not. He's talking absolute nonsense. Lol

The Orlando Magic daily guy is not making sense. Isaac coming back wont make things better? No 1 pick and Cade Cunningham will automatically make us better. 

12 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

The Orlando Magic daily guy is not making sense. Isaac coming back wont make things better? No 1 pick and Cade Cunningham will automatically make us better. 

I think his overall point makes sense.   Let's try to develop what we have now.  The odds are not good that we get a top 3 pick no matter where we end up.  They are marginally better if we tank but the cost of that is the young players don't develop confidence or good habits if they keep losing.  He believes that tradeoff isn't worth it and I completely agree.

That was one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen. None of our guys could hit 3 pointers, so many sloppy turnovers from both sides. Some absolutely bizarre defense. Shout-out to Silas for the tank move of playing a zone that it looked like none of his players knew how to play and allowing the Magic a few easy buckets. 

An underrated tank move that Weltman has made is, after being all about positional size and length his entire time here, has left us very thin in the forward positions. We've had to resort to playing 3 guard lineups just to fill minutes and when all 3 of those guards are rookies or G League guys it's going to be tough.

I actually would have liked to win this one personally because that Rockets team sucks and I'd like to hope we have more talent than them. 

Wendell Carter is good. He's the starting C on this team as far as I'm concerned now and next season. It's up to Bamba to work hard enough to take that spot from him. 

• Upvote 1

Yep Rockets switched to zone once they realised they might actually win the game. Was an absolute deliberate move to try and lose. Disgusting.

With Ennis, Ross and MCW playing this would have been a comfortable win, Harris was the only player that played any defense thorughout the game and ended up +1. But the people on this board that cry out about not winning games would be the first to moan when we do as that would mean the vets would have played big minutes over the young guys. Credit to Clifford last night as he could have pulled RJ within 2 minutes of coming into the game, he was very very bad again but stuck with him and gave him minutes.

In terms of developing a 'winning culture' 20 games will have no effect on that at all, most of the players that played tonight wont even be on the roster over the next few years. Losing as much as possible these remaining games to try and get as best odds as possible is far more important than winning a couple of games. 4 extra wins this year will have no bearing on a young player that goes on to play 500+ NBA games.