Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic @ Bulls - April 14th, 2021

51 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

Donta Hall put out more energy in 17 minutes than Mo Bamba has put out in 2-1/2 years

Right!?! Loved that energy. His court awareness was also refreshing. I’m not sure what to make of Mo long term.

1 hour ago, Spaceman said:

Donta Hall put out more energy in 17 minutes than Mo Bamba has put out in 2-1/2 years

Yeah he is definitely worthy of at least the 3rd big man spot going into next season. I still have unwavering confidence in Mo to turn into something very good. This summer will be the biggest summer of his career.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Yeah he is definitely worthy of at least the 3rd big man spot going into next season. I still have unwavering confidence in Mo to turn into something very good. This summer will be the biggest summer of his career.

Josh Robbins said as much in an article recently that this is a big summer for Mo after really not having a lot of opportunity to develop in the off-season previously due to injuries and Covid. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Josh Robbins said as much in an article recently that this is a big summer for Mo after really not having a lot of opportunity to develop in the off-season previously due to injuries and Covid. 

Yep. He needs to work his tail off. I think Mo turns out to be v gòod for us. Injuries aside

i am not as low on bamba as everyone else is. he has had inexplicably minutes reduction by clifford. and he was starting to perform really well on offense before the latest injury. 

if he becomes more focused, he can be a decent starting center or at least a 25 minutes guy. he will not be an all star ever, this is for sure

on the other hand, carter jr sure looks like a keeper. okeke, anthony, fultz, isaac, mo and him would be the only ones I keep for the long run. I am not sure yet about harris and hampton, have to see more of them for proper judgement

15 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fun game, the fact that it helps the Bulls pick be a good one should calm the tankers down.

Wendell obviously played hard in a revenge game and was great. Cole getting to the rim and finishing was awesome. RJ Hampton locked in a little on defense and it was nice to see, he'll need to do more of that to see the court consistently in the future. Donta Hall is awesome. Hope he sticks around. Mo Bamba better get healthy quick or we might have another Khem Birch situation. 

Also, it feels like this is an obligatory comment whenever we play well, Chuma Okeke is so so good. In a game where he only had 9 points on 4/10 shooting there were still multiple moments where I just thought 'god Okeke is great'.

Also the vets of Ennis, MCW and Harris all played really well. When everyone plays like that and we're sharing the ball and playing hard we're always going to be tough to beat.

Completely agree.  I was especially impressed by Harris.  He’s only 26.  I think he’s someone we might want to keep.

When Mo comes back it will be hard not to play him over Hall but it sure is difficult to watch him ambling up and down the court, and often out of position on defense, and not fighting hard for every rebound.

Overall the biggest issue from my standpoint is that he doesn’t seem to play with much intensity, which is something completely within his control.  

• Upvote 1