Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Spurs @ Magic - April 12th, 2021

36 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Looks like this now yes i agree. Next season will be different. As long as we have good health 

What will change this group into a competitive team?  You think this team is a Fultz and an Isaac short of being respectable (if those guys can even stay on the floor, which is a big if?).

We reel off a bunch of losses like this to end the year, we will be in big trouble next year.  We need to see some hope that this group can gel a bit.  I thought we saw that right after the trades, but as TMF said, it looks like it was a mirage.  How we could compete well in Denver with 8 players and then play like this at home is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Hahahahaha 

Beverley?? Ill take fultz..

Pat williams I'll take Isaac

I'll take T Ross over Kanter 

I hope your list is not in order also LOL

Marc Gasol at 18??? Hahahaha 

is not in order, as I clarified at the beginning of the post

I wouldnt take any of our players over those 100, only isaac if he could be more durable, which hasnt been the case

i think that it would easier finding 100 better players then anyone on our team then it would be to find a list of worst 100 players in the league and not find 5 magic players on it.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

What will change this group into a competitive team?  You think this team is a Fultz and an Isaac short of being respectable (if those guys can even stay on the floor, which is a big if?).

We reel off a bunch of losses like this to end the year, we will be in big trouble next year.  We need to see some hope that this group can gel a bit.  I thought we saw that right after the trades, but as TMF said, it looks like it was a mirage.  How we could compete well in Denver with 8 players and then play like this at home is beyond me.

I hear you. But me personally these next 20 games or so are absolutely meaningless in regards to the teams outcome next season. We are not gonna gel much without our 2 main starters who are hurt. The gelling for me starts from training camp for the next season.

A top pick plus another lotto pick along with:

Cole Anthony 
Markelle Fultz 
Wendell Carter Jr. 
Mo Bamba
R.J. Hampton
Jonathan Isaac 
Chuma Okeke

Plus Ross.. Harris..and cap space

We are up to something with that roster for sure. Thats my opinion 

7 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

is not in order, as I clarified at the beginning of the post

I wouldnt take any of our players over those 100, only isaac if he could be more durable, which hasnt been the case

I am taking Ross..Fultz and Isaac over Marc Gasol.. Kanter and Patrick Beverley haha. I am not gonna comment further.

Each to their own. But man hahaha

Kanter gasol and Beverley over those 3 hahahahahaha 

I think there is plenty of time for the gel process to start with 20 games left in this season. By training camp, those who are still with the team will know what their strengths and roles are, then continue the building process.

The main thing that needs to be worked on is defense.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I think there is plenty of time for the gel process to start with 20 games left in this season. By training camp, those who are still with the team will know what their strengths and roles are, then continue the building process.

The main thing that needs to be worked on is defense.

The team cannot gel properly without Fultz and Isaac and the picks we have coming in.

We can see glimpes of something of course. Im more interested in seeing flashes for the remainder of the season. Maybe a break out game here and their.

Roles for next year will have nothing to do with the final games left this season.

Just get a top 3 pick hopefully number 1 and we are ahead of the curve

Obviously we all have our own opinions and thats what it is all about. 

There is very little point in nailing anything to the ground until we have our clear cut no.1 guy to build around... unless of course ownership and by extension management don't care about competing for a championship at any point in the future. 

If that is the case, we are doomed... and everything essentially becomes a whatever.

42 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I hear you. But me personally these next 20 games or so are absolutely meaningless in regards to the teams outcome next season. We are not gonna gel much without our 2 main starters who are hurt. The gelling for me starts from training camp for the next season.

A top pick plus another lotto pick along with:

Cole Anthony 
Markelle Fultz 
Wendell Carter Jr. 
Mo Bamba
R.J. Hampton
Jonathan Isaac 
Chuma Okeke

Plus Ross.. Harris..and cap space

We are up to something with that roster for sure. Thats my opinion 

That’s fair.  I don’t expect anything from the draft picks but I like your optimism, even if I don’t share it at this point.  With a little luck, you’ll be proven right and we’ll all be able to enjoy watching the Magic next season.  

Is this season over yet? God these games are getting tougher and tougher to watch. 

The only young guy I'm pretty confident can be a starter in the league at the moment is Okeke.

Cole is clearly a scorer but the bar to be a starting PG in the league is incredibly high and I'm not sure if he has the vision to be more than a sparkplug type bench guard. An off-season to work on it and work with the team in preseason will help though and we'll have a better idea by the end of next season.

Wendell and Bamba both have issues rebounding the basketball which is never great from your C. Like seriously when you watch these guys you really take for granted how easy Vuc made rebounding look. Vuc would have 9 rebounds at the half and you'd just shrug like 'yea sounds about right' now both our bigs struggle to reach 9 in a game sometimes.

Hampton has obvious ability but the taunt he did after that putback dunk with like 15 seconds left in the game when we were down 25 or whatever just rubbed me the wrong way. Like I'm glad you're having fun but you just got your ass kicked. Can't imagine Cliff was fond of that either. 

Not sure what to make of Franks, it was tough for him having to come in and play and play out of position so I'll reserve judgement.

I'd give Cannady a deal on the strength of that garbage time alone. There are plenty of contenders looking for more shooting so if we don't act fast we'll be watching him hit those shots somewhere else. And we are seriously devoid of shooting. 

• Upvote 1