TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic vs Pacers - April 9, 2021

6 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Send Ross packing, PLEASE!!!

If we are going to be bad, let's be bad without him.

Ross is doing the same thing that some of us complained about Fournier. . .HERO BALLLLL!!!

Agree.  And it makes the other four players on the floor worse.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Agree.  And it makes the other four players on the floor worse.  

Instead of carrying the team on his back, he's moving them backward.

Ross is not what I consider a (good) leader or mentor. 

Fun game, fun loss. Bacon is still playing way too much and shooting way too much. G was rusty but looked good in the 3rd. Y’all are way too hard on T-Ross, he’s literally playing in lineups where he’s the only threat to score. Those 2 dunks in the 4th were electric! Let’s not be the fan base that whines about a guy busting his tail when he doesn’t have to be. I think once G proves he’s healthy either he or Ross have to start and we have to get Bacon out of the rotation.

• Upvote 1

Cole needs a lot of work on shot selection, busts his backside defensively though so hopefully he can get himself under control by season end. Ross is just chucking like there's no tomorrow, I do expect him to get moved once the season ends. Okeke only had 5 shot attempts, that needs to change quickly. Harris was very rusty, he deffo needs a few games to get back up to speed. We lose a closish game, youngsters got plenty of minutes. pretty perfect tank game really.

So Ennis will be moving to the bench over the next few games and receive all his minutes backing up the 4. This probably means that Bacon stays in the starting line up as the SF. I think there's a very good chance Detroit overtakes us if this happens. I think Clifford goes with the below once Harris is up to speed. No idea if Porter is out all season or not.

MCW - Cole

Harris - RJ

Bacon - Ross

Okeke - Ennis

WCJ - Bamba

Enjoyable game. It's the most Magic thing ever to waive your 3rd center and then have injury scares to both your other centers in the same game. 

Gary Harris was hopefully just shaking off some rust in the first half when he couldn't hit anything. Looked better in the 3rd. 

Ross was awesome. Yea he didn't pass at the end but he was the only real 3 point threat on the floor anyway.

The WCJ/Bamba competition is heating up. Mo has looked great on offense lately with his jumper falling. Cliff still trusts WCJ more on defense though which is probably all that matters. 

RJ Hampton was horrible this game. Beaten on back cuts like 5 times by McDermott. Turnovers, trying to force his offense. Hopefully he bounces back next game. Was surprised how many minutes Cliff gave him all things considered.

Would like to see Chuma be a little more aggressive on offense. Nice he had the assists but we could have done with him scoring a little more. 

On to the next one. 

I fell asleep during the game, which is sad because it was interesting. Gary looked rusty, Bacon and Ennis same players. Remember those guys should not get starter minutes on a real team. Ross is gonna chuck it, good tank commander. I saw WCJ,Bamba,Cole and Chuma make some good plays before i fell asleep. Don't remember RJ doing anything. Remember, except for WCJ they are all rookies basically, even Bamba. Only WCJ has serious starter minutes over the last few years.

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Fun game, fun loss. Bacon is still playing way too much and shooting way too much. G was rusty but looked good in the 3rd. Y’all are way too hard on T-Ross, he’s literally playing in lineups where he’s the only threat to score. Those 2 dunks in the 4th were electric! Let’s not be the fan base that whines about a guy busting his tail when he doesn’t have to be. I think once G proves he’s healthy either he or Ross have to start and we have to get Bacon out of the rotation.

That perception that Ross is the only one who can score is the whole problem in a nutshell. The other guys can all score if given a chance.  1v5 basketball rarely works.  The other guys will stagnate if they just stand around out there while Ross takes all the shots.  I want to see the team develop its potential and I didn’t see that last night. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Enjoyable game. It's the most Magic thing ever to waive your 3rd center and then have injury scares to both your other centers in the same game. 

Gary Harris was hopefully just shaking off some rust in the first half when he couldn't hit anything. Looked better in the 3rd. 

Ross was awesome. Yea he didn't pass at the end but he was the only real 3 point threat on the floor anyway.

The WCJ/Bamba competition is heating up. Mo has looked great on offense lately with his jumper falling. Cliff still trusts WCJ more on defense though which is probably all that matters. 

RJ Hampton was horrible this game. Beaten on back cuts like 5 times by McDermott. Turnovers, trying to force his offense. Hopefully he bounces back next game. Was surprised how many minutes Cliff gave him all things considered.

Would like to see Chuma be a little more aggressive on offense. Nice he had the assists but we could have done with him scoring a little more. 

On to the next one. 

China can’t be more aggressive on offense when Ross takes all the shots.  

13 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

China can’t be more aggressive on offense when Ross takes all the shots.  

Only RJ Hampton, who played 10 less minutes, took less shots than Chuma. Every other guy on the roster took more than 5 shots but it's Ross' fault Chuma didn't? 

You're complaining that a guy shooting 10/15 from the field and 2/5 from 3 took a lot of shots. Ross is the best offensive player on this team so he's going to get a lot of shots. 

23 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

That perception that Ross is the only one who can score is the whole problem in a nutshell. The other guys can all score if given a chance.  1v5 basketball rarely works.  The other guys will stagnate if they just stand around out there while Ross takes all the shots.  I want to see the team develop its potential and I didn’t see that last night. 

While Ross was deffo chucking, most of them weren't bad shots so you can't really complain when he makes 10 of 15. Cole was actually the one last night launching bad shots he actually only had 3 less shots than Ross. I would prefer if Okeke had more shots at the expense of Bacon and MCW but I think some of that comes down to Okeke being quiet and not the most aggressive.

We didn't lose last night because of our offense. We lost because we were bad again of the defensive end. The only quarter we performed decently was the 3rd quarter, that was the only quarter we played decent defence and that coincided with us closing the game back up again.

Chuma also had a career high 7 assists to only 1 turnover and made great decisions with the basketball. He was a key part in our offense. I’m actually more impressed than I am concerned by him getting so few shots, he’s garnering more attention because teams are paying attention to him now, and instead of forcing up garbage and shooting 3-16 with no assists he chose the team route.

Also, after all the jokes about Bacon and MCW being tank commanders I find it hilarious that they led the team in +/- last night. + 11 for Bacon and + 10 for MCW