Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Wizards @ Magic - April 7th, 7 PM

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Mo really really struggles in post defense, he just can’t be physical. I swear he hasn’t gained any strength in 3 years in the league 

He’s also slow.  

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fun game. Not a lot you can do to win when every guy on a team just starts draining 3s. Some of those Bertans makes were ridiculous

They hit a lot of shots in general, not just 3’s.  As Clifford said post game, most of those shots were open and in rhythm.  That’s due to subpar defense.  The whole team was slow on defense in this game.  This wasn’t fun to watch from my standpoint, not the kind of energy on defense we’d been seeing lately, and not what I’d expect from a young team.  I hope  we’re better than this going forward because we can’t continue to give up 130 to mediocre teams.  

27 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

He’s also slow.  

Man during that draft i so didnt want t young... I thought that not only did he have a high possible ceiling but he also had a very high bust potential. I really really wanted Doncic and if we had traded up one spot we might have been able to get him. I really like MPJ but with that Injury i wasnt sure, but we did the same thing in 2019 with Okeke so who knows. I was high on sexton but the jury is still out on him. SGA i wasn't sure about he didnt dominate in college like young but did have some flashes. Ayton looked like a cant miss prospect, so i cant fault the Suns for Choosing him. The Bagley pick was just dumb for the kings.

Bamba was such a stretch with tantalizing height/potential... but even in college he just looked like a slower footed player even then.

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

It was good to see Mo draining shots, but I’m still stunned to see him struggling with positioning

51 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

He’s also slow.  

I mentioned this during other games. For someone with background in college and nba basketball, he moves like he is playing 'peewee' style of basketball, like he is good at shooting the ball but has not learned how to do anything else.

Mo reminds me of a giraffe.

Wrhdyx.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I mentioned this during other games. For someone with background in college and nba basketball, he moves like he is playing 'peewee' style of basketball, like he is good at shooting the ball but has not learned how to do anything else.

Mo reminds me of a giraffe.

Wrhdyx.gif

Big LOL :)

6 hours ago, Natesroom said:

Man during that draft i so didnt want t young... I thought that not only did he have a high possible ceiling but he also had a very high bust potential. I really really wanted Doncic and if we had traded up one spot we might have been able to get him. I really like MPJ but with that Injury i wasnt sure, but we did the same thing in 2019 with Okeke so who knows. I was high on sexton but the jury is still out on him. SGA i wasn't sure about he didnt dominate in college like young but did have some flashes. Ayton looked like a cant miss prospect, so i cant fault the Suns for Choosing him. The Bagley pick was just dumb for the kings.

Bamba was such a stretch with tantalizing height/potential... but even in college he just looked like a slower footed player even then.

Bamba was the 4th big man chosen in that draft, at number 6. That... well that says it all. And two of those big men were chosen instead of the most exciting college player that year and the guy who was actually the best player in that draft. Add in Jaren Jackson Jr, to this equation and you will see the guys in charge are infatuated with outdated thinking. 

People, always remember this. Even if a person is  in charge and payed well, it doesn't mean they know what that the hell they are doing. Some industries are full of people who are relics of the past or hired from nepotism. Sports franchises are well represented in this area. NBA Gm's still like size over anything else. Even in a world of 1000's of crazy athletic, supersized big men who probably just want to get paid and never wanted to play basketball. 40 years ago these guys were 1 in a million. Now they are 1 in 100,000 better find guys who love basketball.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Bamba was the 4th big man chosen in that draft, at number 6. That... well that says it all. And two of those big men were chosen instead of the most exciting college player that year and the guy who was actually the best player in that draft. Add in Jaren Jackson Jr, to this equation and you will see the guys in charge are infatuated with outdated thinking. 

People, always remember this. Even if a person is  in charge and payed well, it doesn't mean they know what that the hell they are doing. Some industries are full of people who are relics of the past or hired from nepotism. Sports franchises are well represented in this area. NBA Gm's still like size over anything else. Even in a world of 1000's of crazy athletic, supersized big men who probably just want to get paid and never wanted to play basketball. 40 years ago these guys were 1 in a million. Now they are 1 in 100,000 better find guys who love basketball.

Our front office live off their reputation of finding Giannis and their 2010 executive award for their one year wonder season. Take that away and what did their tenure in Milwaukee have to show?

240-318 regular season win loss record. A few play off appearances and never won a series. They even drafted Thon Maker tenth overall! 

I suppose we wanted a veteran front office after we had a young up and comer in Henny running the show, but personally I’m not sure how much faith I do have in our front office rebuilding, but a change doesn’t appear to be coming. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Mo really really struggles in post defense, he just can’t be physical. I swear he hasn’t gained any strength in 3 years in the league 

Bamba is tall and lanky. Never struck me as someone that would ever become built like Howard or Embiid, he was more likely to be a Larry Sanders like player with a more slender build. Sadly Bamba will never be as useful on the defensive end.