Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic @ Jazz - April 3rd, 2021

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I'm not sure all these injuries are legit

I'm not sure all these "injuries" are legit.  But regardless, while I agree they played a lot of minutes, I think they were mostly just going through the motions, especially after about mid way through the second quarter.  I turned it off at half time.

I'm not saying they should have won, but it would have been nice to try to build on the prior two games rather than have a complete blow-out like yesterday.  

There you go! But I interpret the "going through the motions" in a different way.

Last night was totally new as opposed to when the newly acquired players came off the bench the first 2 games. Some of them were pressed into service right out of the gate, and the rotation was entirely different, not playing with the same vets or role players who were use to the system when they arrived, so they had to play a lot more minutes.

Anyone, professional or not, would be exhausted. So don't be surprised if the Magic get a whooping tonight against the Nuggets, even worse than the spanking they got from the Jazz.

Take for example professional football, when the 2020-2021 season started, there was no training camp. Therefore, any new players on a team did not have a chance to practice and learn the new system. When a team got off to a rough start, the fans would say there was no training camp so the new players on the team did not have a chance to learn the system. But later in the season team(s) got it together, made vast improvement and started winning a lot of games.

Stuff like that happens in sports.

And don't get me started about Ross. He is doing the same thing that Fournier was accused of. . .trying to do too much. When he enters the game it becomes iso, over dribbling, and shooting the ball off balance.

The ball was not moving the way it had been in the previous 2 games.

While Bamba showed signs of improvement in his game (previous 2 games), last night he reverted back to his usual slow and confused state of not knowing what to do on the court. He scored 11 pts. in the game against the Pelicans and scored only 2 pts. in 11 mins. last night. 

6 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

And don't get me started about Ross. He is doing the same thing that Fournier was accused of. . .trying to do too much. When he enters the game it becomes iso, over dribbling, and shooting the ball off balance.

The ball was not moving the way it had been in the previous 2 games.

While Bamba showed signs of improvement in his game (previous 2 games), last night he reverted back to his usual slow and confused state of not knowing what to do on the court. He scored 11 pts. in the game against the Pelicans and scored only 2 pts. in 11 mins. last night. 

Bamba was sick last night 

33 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Bamba was sick last night 

Okay, but is he playing tonight? 

Wendell cannot be forced to play major minutes tonight. And Chuma is not a center. He's better at pf.

11 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

There you go! But I interpret the "going through the motions" in a different way.

Last night was totally new as opposed to when the newly acquired players came off the bench the first 2 games. Some of them were pressed into service right out of the gate, and the rotation was entirely different, not playing with the same vets or role players who were use to the system when they arrived, so they had to play a lot more minutes.

Anyone, professional or not, would be exhausted. So don't be surprised if the Magic get a whooping tonight against the Nuggets, even worse than the spanking they got from the Jazz.

Take for example professional football, when the 2020-2021 season started, there was no training camp. Therefore, any new players on a team did not have a chance to practice and learn the new system. When a team got off to a rough start, the fans would say there was no training camp so the new players on the team did not have a chance to learn the system. But later in the season team(s) got it together, made vast improvement and started winning a lot of games.

Stuff like that happens in sports.

Four out of five in the starting lineup were same as usual.  Only Birch was out.  So I don’t see it as “totally new”.  They did have to play more minutes.  But starting players years ago used to play a lot more minutes than these guys do now, and they sometimes had games three days in a row.  I think our young guys should be able to handle this.

To be honest, I’m more worried about the altitude.  That is an unfair advantage, in my opinion.