Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic @ Jazz - April 3rd, 2021

What's funny about Ross, he is a vet and now that his former teammates have been traded, he thinks he's the man on the team.

In the game the other night, he was at the free throw line preparing to make free throws. The camera showed him talking to Bamba. It appeared he was lecturing Bamba about something he should or should not be doing.

Ross then turned to make his free throws and missed the FIRST of 3. I couldn't help but laugh. :)

I love Hampton. He goes full steam ahead to the basket to dunk, and does not back down from anybody.

Edit: Did y'all see the 3 or 4 pushups he did when he was knocked to the floor? hahaha!

He is entertaining.

Hey, everybody. We have a back-to-back game tomorrow night, Sunday April 4th, against (guess who) the Denver Nuggets.

You won't want to miss this one. I'm not sure Aaron will be playing in that game. Game time is 10 pm.

This group is going to be too tired to play tomorrow night, Sunday April 4th. Wendell is pulling on his shorts the last few seconds of this game.

I don't want to hear anything negative about them tomorrow night. They played their hearts out tonight.

8 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

This group is going to be too tired to play tomorrow night, Sunday April 4th. Wendell is pulling on his shorts the last few seconds of this game.

I don't want to hear anything negative about them tomorrow night. They played their hearts out tonight.

They played their hearts out in a 47 point loss?

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

They played their hearts out in a 47 point loss?

Now JZL, c'mon! Look at the number of Magic's injuries that have accumulated, even just before game time.

1. Clifford had to piece together his starters and rotations on very short response time. He had only 8 players to work with.

2. You said there was no excuse for the new players not playing better because they are nba players. It doesn't matter what professional sport you play, you have to learn and get use to the system. Nine (9) days is not enough time to learn a new system or style of play.

3. Most importantly, we are talking about the UTAH JAZZ! Let's take a look at other teams they have beat up on this season.

• Portland Trail Blazers 120-100 (20 pts)
  • Brooklyn Nets 130-96 (34 pts)
  • Cleveland Cavaliers 117-87 (30 pts)

Portland and the Nets have very good teams, so what could you expect from the Magic?

By the way, the Jazz has won 22 straight games at home.

Final Note: I firmly believe that once we get a few key players back from injury/illness, the Magic will  surprise us and win a few unexpected games (before the season ends).

I'm not sure all these injuries are legit

8 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Now JZL, c'mon! Look at the number of Magic's injuries that have accumulated, even just before game time.

1. Clifford had to piece together his starters and rotations on very short response time. He had only 8 players to work with.

2. You said there was no excuse for the new players not playing better because they are nba players. It doesn't matter what professional sport you play, you have to learn and get use to the system. Nine (9) days is not enough time to learn a new system or style of play.

3. Most importantly, we are talking about the UTAH JAZZ! Let's take a look at other teams they have beat up on this season.

• Portland Trail Blazers 120-100 (20 pts)
  • Brooklyn Nets 130-96 (34 pts)
  • Cleveland Cavaliers 117-87 (30 pts)

Portland and the Nets have very good teams, so what could you expect from the Magic?

By the way, the Jazz has won 22 straight games at home.

Final Note: I firmly believe that once we get a few key players back from injury/illness, the Magic will  surprise us and win a few unexpected games (before the season ends).

I'm not sure all these "injuries" are legit.  But regardless, while I agree they played a lot of minutes, I think they were mostly just going through the motions, especially after about mid way through the second quarter.  I turned it off at half time.

I'm not saying they should have won, but it would have been nice to try to build on the prior two games rather than have a complete blow-out like yesterday.