Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic @ Pelicans - April 1st, 2021

43 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

If Carter can stay healthy he is going to be great and much better than Vuc. He plays defence, he is more athletic, his jumper already looks good and will be better with the time, he is only 21...

but I still believe we should stop playing Ross, Birch and even Porter very soon, give all the playing time to young players. I hope for the top 3 worst record this season,

We're not finishing with a top 3 worst record, Houston and Minnesota have been tanking all year, they lose their picks if they don't. Detroit are just a straight up bad team. You also don't bench vets for no reason, that's how you end up with a very bad rep in the league and unable to sign anyone.

The lottery changes mean its not that important to be top 3 anymore. As long as you have a top 8 lottery seeding you have a great chance of moving up. Just enjoy the past 2 wins. They were against two banged up teams missing their best players. We also shot 10/42 from 3 over those 2 games (23.8%) We won't win many more shooting like that. We just need to get a memo out telling teams to stop 'resting' all their players against us! We'll be bottom 6 at season end.

Quote of the Day from Francis Chan: “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

We're not finishing with a top 3 worst record, Houston and Minnesota have been tanking all year, they lose their picks if they don't. Detroit are just a straight up bad team. You also don't bench vets for no reason, that's how you end up with a very bad rep in the league and unable to sign anyone.

The lottery changes mean its not that important to be top 3 anymore. As long as you have a top 8 lottery seeding you have a great chance of moving up. Just enjoy the past 2 wins. They were against two banged up teams missing their best players. We also shot 10/42 from 3 over those 2 games (23.8%) We won't win many more shooting like that. We just need to get a memo out telling teams to stop 'resting' all their players against us! We'll be bottom 6 at season end.

Still no need to play vets. Few more games and then they can rest...

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Quote of the Day from Francis Chan: “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”

LOL, i love your enthusiasm about tanking! Seriously it's going to drive you crazy thinking about it. Heck the Bulls might be worse then us if Lavine is actually hurt. Just let the ping pong balls do their thing. We should be a slam dunk 4th worst team but this league is too wierd my man. We won, the Pistons won and the Wolves won last night. That's why i'm gonna enjoy any good games by our young players. It's not worth worrying about til June 22.

Edit. Yeah i just looked at the Bulls Schedule they could easily have a worse record then us by the time we play them on the 14th. Just gonna have to rely on luck.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

If Carter can stay healthy he is going to be great and much better than Vuc. He plays defence, he is more athletic, his jumper already looks good and will be better with the time, he is only 21...

but I still believe we should stop playing Ross, Birch and even Porter very soon, give all the playing time to young players. I hope for the top 3 worst record this season,

You want Porter to play, he is a loser. Same with Bacon, empty stat guys. Didn't Porter miss a game winning shot already? Ross can go either way, as you saw last night. Ross can win a game for us or lose it. It's 50/50 with him. I think they bring Gary back for maybe two weeks then shut him down. So Ross and company are getting minutes till the end. 

I think the perfect "tank" team for us if everyone is healthy. Start Cole,McW,Chuma,Ennis and Bamba. Rj,Bacon,Randle and Birch get heavy minutes. Pretend something is wrong with Harris,Ross,Porter and WCJ the last 3 weeks. This post is for all the tankers. If he can just come back Cole is the perfect tank commander because he is the most obvious point guard besides MCW but too inexperienced to lead wins right now.

Yes, good post. They are swarming.  And a big part of it is also Carter.  He contests everything coming to the rim.  

• Upvote 1

Tanking doesn’t guarantee we’ll get better lottery odds. The first four teams have a near 50-50 chance of landing inside the top four or picking outside the top four. In fact the team that finishes with the worst record has a greater chance of picking fifth than they do picking 1-4, the teams with the second and third worst record have better odds of picking fifth or sixth, and the team with the fourth worst record has better odds of picking sixth or seventh. So tanking doesn’t guarantee a better pick due to the revamped lottery odds.

For me, we would be better off letting this team continue to develop and build a positive and hardworking culture. The teams that spend the least amount of time rebuilding have a combination of finding a star (or stars) AND build the culture for success. Those teams that get stars but fail to build the culture never go anywhere (eg T-Wolves). We need to promote this play hard culture and not sit players to let the losses build up because doing so would send the wrong message and be counterproductive. 

• Upvote 2

I honestly think Cliff is an exceptional coach and it means we're never going to beat ourselves with bad defense and turnovers. And on nights like last night where the other team rests a bunch of guys thats always going to keep us in it. 

I think there are a lot of people in the Magic fan base across all social media overreacting to 1 win, that went to over time, against a non playoff team, who rested their 3 best players. 

Great posts guys. Going by some info i read over on Our SB fansite, we are playing better defense. The turnovers are the biggest thing. Also we are still getting killed on 3 pointers but have dominated in 2 point field goals and bench scoring. Not going to look up the in the paint numbers but i can only assume it's all the minutes spread out. No more Vucevic and Gordon dominating 70 of those 96 minutes. Instead it's a nice combo of WCJ,Birch,Bamba,Chuma and Porter.