Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Chicago Bulls Draft Pick Watch

6 hours ago, MagicTurk said:

Tough schedule ahead for the Bulls, but I'm getting nervous.The Bulls own the tie-breakers against the Hornets, Pacers and Wizards. All three of those teams could almost lose out. It's a longshot that the Bulls win the next four, but I would not be shocked if they get into the play-in and win both games to be the 8th seed. In that scenario we'd get the #15 pick. :(

There aren't enough games for them to catch the Hornets or Pacers and if the Wizards lose out (the only way the Bulls could draw level with them) it'd mean losing to Cleveland which would help us. 

Bulls making this interesting. 2 games left and they're 1 game back of both the Pels and the Kings and 2 games back from the Wiz. 

Bradley Beal will miss the Wiz/Cavs game tonight too which is relevant for both picks.

I don't know who holds the tie breaker between the Bulls and Wizards but if it's the Bulls they can still finish anywhere from 8-11. 

GLORIOUS ELIMINATION.

#8-#10 pick should no one move up is fantastic. It's the ideal place for us to be. High end for a potential key new piece but low enough to where we don't have to... well... I won't jinx us on this one. 

I'm happy where we are and am very excited this is where we're ending up at #3/#4 and another potential pick at #8-#10.

4 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

GLORIOUS ELIMINATION.

#8-#10 pick should no one move up is fantastic. It's the ideal place for us to be. High end for a potential key new piece but low enough to where we don't have to... well... I won't jinx us on this one. 

I'm happy where we are and am very excited this is where we're ending up at #3/#4 and another potential pick at #8-#10.

Charlotte moved from 8 to 3 last year so it's still possible for Chicago to jump into the top 4 with the odds they have. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

There's a 42% chance that both the Magic finish in the top 4 and the Bulls don't jump into the top 4.

All things considered, that seems ridiculously low... I understand what the NBA is trying to do with the lotto odds, I guess, but man does it help keep the small markets down.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

All things considered, that seems ridiculously low... I understand what the NBA is trying to do with the lotto odds, I guess, but man does it help keep the small markets down.

Unfortunately, I doubt that we will see that change any time soon. The top players have so much power now, that I don't know how a small market team is going to ever manage to put together and retain a top team. You really need at least two or three all-star caliber players, and if you can develop one or two, then maybe you can sign a second or third, but generally what has happened is the all-star in the small market leaves to join ones in the larger market. Throw in the new preponderance of top players demanding, and only accepting two or three year contracts (or longer with a player option for an early out), and the small market teams are now at a serious disadvantage. It is now harder to get a top player through the draft and develop him fast enough, so where does that leave small market teams going forward? I get they are trying to reduce the tanking, but frankly I think the play-in games have been more effective at keeping teams playing to win than the adjustment of the lottery odds has. I honestly think they have flattened the odds too much now. 

yeah the odds are 

14.0    13.4    12.7    11.9                                            

and i feel like they should be more like 

20, 18, 17, 16 or something like that for the top 4 - exactly the same so the top 4 have a 70-80% or so to get a top 4 so the odds are slimmer for lower teams to jump up and harder for worst teams to fall out. The playin is a great idea and causes these teams to play harder at the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I have such a strong feeling that we are getting 1 of the game changers. 

im definitely going to save this to rub in your face if it doesn't happen... On the flip side i will flaunt this if you are right and praise your great feelings.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It makes tanking even less likely to succeed....which is fine with me.  I'd actually make the odds for all the non playoff teams the same.  Having teams compete to see who can lose the most for the last third of the season is a travesty that isn't good for the league.

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

It makes tanking even less likely to succeed....which is fine with me.  I'd actually make the odds for all the non playoff teams the same.  Having teams compete to see who can lose the most for the last third of the season is a travesty that isn't good for the league.

That’s a ridiculous idea in a league that already has a serious issue with parity, but again, you’ll take any opportunity to spew your anti-tanking bs regardless of the redundancy