Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Chicago Bulls Draft Pick Watch

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Maybe this has been addressed, but I don’t understand how they can sit Horford without being penalized. There’s something very wrong with that scenario.

A lot of other forums talking about this since that blowout. Other fans are saying it's because the league only cares about players resting on national TV games. Legit injuries, no problem. Tickets sales, no problem at least this year. OKC only had one national game and that was before Shai was injured. The other thing is the players union has a ton of power and protecting veteran players from injury is big. Notice there was no league intervention of vets not playing before the trade line. Drummond, Griffin etc. I think the biggest reason it's viewed as ok to rest vets who cost a ton of money on bad teams to prevent injury. However, OKC has been resting rookies and second year players and starting 10 day and two way players over them. 

Anyhow this is what iv'e  read not my  opinions. 

59 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Maybe this has been addressed, but I don’t understand how they can sit Horford without being penalized. There’s something very wrong with that scenario.

Yea I really don't know. Like at least we're pretending T Ross is injured. And MCW and Ennis have actually been injured. 

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

A lot of other forums talking about this since that blowout. Other fans are saying it's because the league only cares about players resting on national TV games. Legit injuries, no problem. Tickets sales, no problem at least this year. OKC only had one national game and that was before Shai was injured. The other thing is the players union has a ton of power and protecting veteran players from injury is big. Notice there was no league intervention of vets not playing before the trade line. Drummond, Griffin etc. I think the biggest reason it's viewed as ok to rest vets who cost a ton of money on bad teams to prevent injury. However, OKC has been resting rookies and second year players and starting 10 day and two way players over them. 

Anyhow this is what iv'e  read not my  opinions. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea I really don't know. Like at least we're pretending T Ross is injured. And MCW and Ennis have actually been injured. 

I was going to reply to hootie's post this morning but had to leave for an appointment.

I had been thinking about the boatload of injuries on the Magic, and wondered why they started to pile up.

Before Ennis returned a couple of games ago, the question in my mind was why have some of these guys been out so long. Were the injuries that bad or is there something else going on behind the scenes?.

One of the injuries I wondered about was Ross--not that I care if he returns before the season ends. The other injury I wondered about was Ennis.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I was going to reply to hootie's post this morning but had to leave for an appointment.

I had been thinking about the boatload of injuries on the Magic, and wondered why they started to pile up.

Before Ennis returned a couple of games ago, the question in my mind was why have some of these guys been out so long. Were the injuries that bad or is there something else going on behind the scenes?.

One of the injuries I wondered about was Ross--not that I care if he returns before the season ends. The other injury I wondered about was Ennis.

Oh we are tanking. It's just OKC started over a month ago and up until recently all the other teams had played their vets, Houston,Detroit etc had a few games where they played all the guys healthy. I was checking line-ups. Now with two weeks left we are all doing it. So i guess *****ing about OKC is unproductive but what else we gonna do?

Talk about Cole's press conference!!!! 

Thanks Denver!!

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Y'know I don't think I've ever wanted a team to get a top pick less than this year's Thunder team. What they've done is Process 6ers level tanking. 

I'm obviously hoping for the Magic to get the #1 pick but failing that as long as it's not the Thunder, T'Wolves (how many do they need) or Bulls (obvious reasons) I'll be fine. 

If you believe the lottery is rigged you've got to be hoping the league is especially thankful for us helping organise the bubble. 

If you don't believe the lottery is rigged (I don't) you've got to root for the cosmic karma that this wasn't our initial plan and we spent the majority of this year trying to win games and have been decimated by injuries. 

Even if they “succeed” in getting blown out in games the rest of the season, they only have a 14% chance of the first pick.  That means they have an 86% chance of not getting it.  They have around a 48% chance of getting pick 5.

Most likely they’ll remain awful next year and that’s punishment enough for me.  

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Even if they “succeed” in getting blown out in games the rest of the season, they only have a 14% chance of the first pick.  That means they have an 86% chance of not getting it.  They have around a 48% chance of getting pick 5.

Most likely they’ll remain awful next year and that’s punishment enough for me.  

I think the punishment should be the karma of having nowhere near the draft luck they had 14-15 years because of how badly they squandered it. They can be middling for a while

1 hour ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I think the punishment should be the karma of having nowhere near the draft luck they had 14-15 years because of how badly they squandered it. They can be middling for a while

IMO teams that obviously tank should move to pick 30 automatically.

Vuc did not play last night against the 76ers. Rotowire had him listed as "out". Does that mean he will be out for the remainder of the season? And is that intentional, resting him, as it relates to the Bulls tanking.

14 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Vuc did not play last night against the 76ers. Rotowire had him listed as "out". Does that mean he will be out for the remainder of the season? And is that intentional, resting him, as it relates to the Bulls tanking.

Looks like he’s got a hip injury. He was questionable tonight and couldn’t go, highly doubt it’s intentional or tanking because no matter what they do, they can’t fall lower than 7th in odds and they’re still not technically eliminated from the play in tourney.

Bulls are all but locked in at 8 I think. Doubt the Raptors try very hard to catch them and they have a pretty tough last couple of games so not sure they'll catch the Kings. 

On 5/10/2021 at 3:24 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Bulls are all but locked in at 8 I think. Doubt the Raptors try very hard to catch them and they have a pretty tough last couple of games so not sure they'll catch the Kings. 

Tough schedule ahead for the Bulls, but I'm getting nervous.The Bulls own the tie-breakers against the Hornets, Pacers and Wizards. All three of those teams could almost lose out. It's a longshot that the Bulls win the next four, but I would not be shocked if they get into the play-in and win both games to be the 8th seed. In that scenario we'd get the #15 pick. :(