Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Chicago Bulls Draft Pick Watch

17 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Could certainly happen.  It’s why to me it’s not worth creating a horror show on the court for the rest of this season to have fractionally better draft odds.  Just my opinion, I know many disagree.  

I actually agree I think. I go back and forth on it to be honest but I can't help but think being competitive would be better for the guys currently on the roster to develop. Maybe I can see the argument that it's only 20 or so games and next season after a full preseason and summer league we'll have different expectations but I don't know. I'm not feeling great about the way we've played the last couple games even if I can see the mathematical benefit in having better draft odds.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I actually agree I think. I go back and forth on it to be honest but I can't help but think being competitive would be better for the guys currently on the roster to develop. Maybe I can see the argument that it's only 20 or so games and next season after a full preseason and summer league we'll have different expectations but I don't know. I'm not feeling great about the way we've played the last couple games even if I can see the mathematical benefit in having better draft odds.

I think you summarized the points on both sides of the discussion very well.  

• Upvote 1

IMO the way the team is presently constructed there is no reason to tank. We don't have enough firepower to win many more games anyway. These guys ARE trying to win, they are playing hard, and we all get to enjoy watching flashes of what is to come from our young guys.

Some big tank games today.

Pistons/OKC is a big one. That's a win win for us.

Our game with Toronto is pretty big and has implications for the Bulls pick and our own (Toronto resting most of their team is the most blatant tank job I've seen in a while).

Wizards/Pelicans is low key a game with possible major lottery ramifications too. A win for the Wizards could put them in line to pass the Bulls very soon, equally a win for the Pels will extend their lead over the Bulls in 11th and keep them 10th or lower.

I’m sure this has been mentioned but we need Toronto to finish better than Chicago in order for Chicago to be out of the play in  game.

Bulls lose again, fall out of the play-in game and are tied with the Wizards at 11 seed in the East. So, right now the pick is at 8.5 (splits the lotto odds between 8 and 9 thanks to the tie). Only a half game ahead of Sacramento and 2 games ahead of the Cavs who they play twice in their next 3. 

19 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Some big tank games today.

Pistons/OKC is a big one. That's a win win for us.

Our game with Toronto is pretty big and has implications for the Bulls pick and our own (Toronto resting most of their team is the most blatant tank job I've seen in a while).

Wizards/Pelicans is low key a game with possible major lottery ramifications too. A win for the Wizards could put them in line to pass the Bulls very soon, equally a win for the Pels will extend their lead over the Bulls in 11th and keep them 10th or lower.

toronto forgot to rest mvp watson

bulls pick looking better with each passing day

Our pick  - DET have maybe 4 games they could win remaining. One of those is against us, that will be a big game for lottery positioning. MIN have 3 games they could win one is against us so I don't see them changing places with anyone. OKC  - I don't see them winning a single game. They are the only team actually tanking and have the hardest remaining schedule of the worst teams imo. We will now pretty much end up 3-5 at season end.

Bulls pick - SAC play MIN twice and OKC, they can easily finish above the Bulls. WAS have quite an easy schedule and likely finish above the Bulls. TOR have enough bad teams for them to stay where they are, they're most likely to stay locked with the Bulls for the remainder of the season. Bulls have a tough schedule -play CLE twice, TOR and DET other than that their games are tough. CLE have 4 or so winnable games - 2 are against CHI. This pick looks like it will end up in the 6-8 range.

In short we probably go into the lottery with 3-5 seed and a 6-8 seed

I personally hope Chicago keep losing, I'm really hoping we can end up with that pick being #6. Would rather run the risk of us not getting the pick and getting it next year if high school players become eligible to declare, that should make next years draft quite deep. #1 and #6 is the absolute dream right now. Then we pray to the basketball gods!

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

2 more tank games tonight that are both kind of win win for us Cleveland/Chicago, Detroit/Washington.

Good thing all the bad teams are starting to play each other, especially cause tomorrow is more than likely a W for us

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Good thing all the bad teams are starting to play each other, especially cause tomorrow is more than likely a W for us

It would be really nice to slip to 3, tho I don’t think it’s super likely. It isn’t out of the question

2 hours ago, O_SteveO said:

It would be really nice to slip to 3, tho I don’t think it’s super likely. It isn’t out of the question

Honestly, I think the main benefit to tanking now with the new odds system isn’t even the lotto luck, it’s making sure that if you get screwed over you fall as minimally as possible. Like, we have the 4th worst record in the league pretty handily, but the chance of us picking 6 or 7 in a draft where the top tier is 5 players is real scary.