Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Chicago Bulls Draft Pick Watch

Also if the Bulls pick falls out of the lottery I'd like to see us do some strategic trading back to pick up more assets. Maybe do like the Bulls pick for the two Rockets picks (they're like 22 and 24 currently) and then move the latter of those two picks for a pick in next year's draft. It'd be a way to soften the blow of not getting 2 lottery picks since we'd have more bites at the apple and future picks are always worth more in trades than young players just drafted.

I think it's going to come down to what Garry Harris we get. He is likely to get minutes starting from tonight, are we going to see the player that's struggled due to injuries or does a change of scenery bring him back to what he was prior. Either way, he's a solid defender, improves us on that end regardless which will make us slightly harder to beat. Plus he takes minutes away from Bacon who has been helping the tank no end.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also if the Bulls pick falls out of the lottery I'd like to see us do some strategic trading back to pick up more assets.

Inside or outside the lottery, maybe there's a possibility to trade both picks for a better one, if we like a player that is above our choice, and we don't really want to add another two rookies in the same season.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Inside or outside the lottery, maybe there's a possibility to trade both picks for a better one, if we like a player that is above our choice, and we don't really want to add another two rookies in the same season.

my dream scenario is we get #1 - but barring that i hope we get #2 and perhaps trade that pick plus #9-14 bulls pick for #1 unless the #2 player is Cade.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Keep in mind the Trea and Luka trade happened under extremely rare circumstances. Anyhow the tanking teams are winning!! Recent wins by Minnesota,Cleveland,Detroit and Houston!!!!

Just going by the last 6 or 7 games, the only two teams extreme tanking right now are Detroit and Oklahoma city. Both of those two teams have benched healthy vets and are starting questionable line-ups every night. The Thunder are the team i'm super worried about because Presti is a genius, they are starting players who have almost no NBA experience every night.  Not just one or two, like the first 7 in the rotation. Shai has hardly played since the break citing "plantar facitis" and we all know they just told Horford to stay home.

Meanwhile Detroit is a little different, they are starting rookies but also other NBA castoffs like DSJ,Josh Jackson,Okafor,Corey Joseph....etc. Those guys want to get a job next year so they play hard which leads to wins. 

The Wolves,Rockets and Cavs have recently started all their vets who had been hurt. That's why they have won, and frankly i'm a little surprised. Let's see how long they keep that up. Also the Wizards,Kings,Raptors and Pelicans are still rolling out starters trying to win. Those four teams get really bad if they bench or lose one good player to injury. 

17 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

my dream scenario is we get #1 - but barring that i hope we get #2 and perhaps trade that pick plus #9-14 bulls pick for #1 unless the #2 player is Cade.

For this to happen the team picking number one would have to really,really love someone like Suggs and try to leverage that fact. I mean it's possible, i suppose. I think if we were a top 5 pick and a trade happened i think it would revolve around Mobley. Someone at the top really wants Mobley for whatever reason and makes a trade one or two slots back.

7 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

I think it's going to come down to what Garry Harris we get. He is likely to get minutes starting from tonight, are we going to see the player that's struggled due to injuries or does a change of scenery bring him back to what he was prior. Either way, he's a solid defender, improves us on that end regardless which will make us slightly harder to beat. Plus he takes minutes away from Bacon who has been helping the tank no end.

More importantly he might help our young players develop better than Bacon who doesn’t play team basketball.  

I am surprised the Bulls took Vooch off us for their pick, I know they have a win with Lavine attitude but Vooch never won much with us besides becoming an All Star. I guess in the long run it is better for us due to getting a decent pick. Their next 5 games are going to be interesting, they could only win one of them and that would be against us. 

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Bulls lose again. Pick is somehow still 10th

That's kind of where I want it. The better odds they get the more nervous I'll feel heading into the lottery. It'd be the most Magic thing ever if the Bulls odds end up at like 7 or 8 and then the Bulls end up with a top 3 pick and the Magic end up with the #6 pick or something like that. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

That's kind of where I want it. The better odds they get the more nervous I'll feel heading into the lottery. It'd be the most Magic thing ever if the Bulls odds end up at like 7 or 8 and then the Bulls end up with a top 3 pick and the Magic end up with the #6 pick or something like that. 

Could certainly happen.  It’s why to me it’s not worth creating a horror show on the court for the rest of this season to have fractionally better draft odds.  Just my opinion, I know many disagree.