Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Chicago Bulls Draft Pick Watch

The Bulls fate is basically going to be sealed by their next string of games all against non playoff teams. After the Nets tomorrow they play:

Indiana

Toronto

Atlanta

Minnesota

Memphis

The Magic

Memphis again

Cleveland

If they go less than .500 in that stretch they might wind up in the bottom 6 or 7 and then things get nervous for us keeping the pick.

Honestly here is the thing. If they move down and don't get a ping pong ball we win. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we could possibly get a top 8 pick in this lottery. From any of our players... even if we traded them last year! 

Heck I plan on us being better then the Bulls next year, so if doesn't convey I welcome our free lottery pick next year. I hear rumors already Donavan might go back to college and Zach might ask to be traded. Seriously I'm not kidding.

Had to edit, The Bulls got fleeced in this trade. It's what we finally asked for these last few years. I only wish we had traded for Gary Trent jr. If he signs for less the 17 million I'll be livid. Evan and Gordon's salary was just a bit too much. Oh well.

38 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Honestly here is the thing. If they move down and don't get a ping pong ball we win. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we could possibly get a top 8 pick in this lottery. From any of our players... even if we traded them last year! 

Heck I plan on us being better then the Bulls next year, so if doesn't convey I welcome our free lottery pick next year. I hear rumors already Donavan might go back to college and Zach might ask to be traded. Seriously I'm not kidding.

Had to edit, The Bulls got fleeced in this trade. It's what we finally asked for these last few years. I only wish we had traded for Gary Trent jr. If he signs for less the 17 million I'll be livid. Evan and Gordon's salary was just a bit too much. Oh well.

If we are lucky we’ll end up with a top four pick and another pick inside the top ten. It is amazing to think that we could come away with two top prospects (eg their pick lands at 5 and ours lands 1-4). This is the type of luck teams need at times during their rebuilds. However, it could easily go the other way and their pick lands in the top four and ours falls outside the top four. In that scenario we would not be very happy. So we’ll have to hope the ping pong balls fall our way. 

Toronto are missing 6 guys tonight against the Lakers including FVV and Lowry. Seems unlikely they'll be overtaking the Bulls anytime soon. 

On 4/3/2021 at 11:41 AM, Mike1989 said:

If we are lucky we’ll end up with a top four pick and another pick inside the top ten. It is amazing to think that we could come away with two top prospects (eg their pick lands at 5 and ours lands 1-4). This is the type of luck teams need at times during their rebuilds. However, it could easily go the other way and their pick lands in the top four and ours falls outside the top four. In that scenario we would not be very happy. So we’ll have to hope the ping pong balls fall our way. 

Chicago's pick can't land at #5 unless they are one of the worst 5 teams in the league at season end so we cannot end with 2 picks in the top 5.

Current bottom 7 are much worse and actively tanking. Bulls are trying to win to persuade Lavine to stay. If things were to go terribly wrong for the Bulls for the remainder of the season then lowest they're likely to drop is to 7 which would mean either we get a 6-10 pick or they jump into top 4 and it doesn't convey this year.

But yes, having 2 top 10 picks this year would be pretty brill especially if our own remains top 5 after the lottery.

10 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

The Bulls are tearing it up tonight against the Pacers. Vuch was a good trade for them.

Vuch  was their top scorer even when they lost games.

It’s a trade that made sense for them. They added a second all star to pair with Lavine who has a consistent game to pair with his potentially explosive game. They can interlace their other talent into the team like White and Williams. Plenty of room for them to develop beyond a typical team stuck in limbo, especially if Williams becomes the third star in that team.

It is a shame and odd to see Vuc in another team’s colours though. 

Bulls are only 2 games back from the 8th seed now with a pretty easy schedule the next couple of weeks. This second lottery pick isn't guaranteed yet. 

Pistons and Cavs won though so Pistons are now only one win behind us, we could sneak past them for #3 seed at this rate. They have Oklahoma, Washington and Cleveland soon and could easily nick one of those games.

Tonight's Pacers game might be a major tank game. If we beat the Pacers and the Bulls win they'll move from 11 to 12. Similarly if Washington lose to the Warriors we'll move closer to passing them in the standings. 

Ideal scenario tonight for the tank is Pacers win, Bulls lose to Atlanta, Wizards beat Warriors and Timberwolves beat Celtics. 

Can't imagine all that happens, in fact I think we've got a chance of beating the Pacers.