Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Chicago Bulls Draft Pick Watch

23 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

In a bid to try and keep the discussion in the NBA draft thread to be more centered on draft prospects here's a thread for all Bulls related discussion until the end of the season since our draft fate is linked to theirs now. 

As a reminder we're owed a top 4 protected pick in this year's draft. If the Bulls get some lottery luck that pick becomes a 2022 top 3 protected first. 

We're also owed a 2023 top 4 protected 1st

Here's a fun little thought, what if Zach Lavine leaves in free agency after the 2021-2022 season? It's not likely but it would make that 2023 pick super interesting. 

Thank you. 

On 3/30/2021 at 2:32 PM, CTMagicUK said:

In a bid to try and keep the discussion in the NBA draft thread to be more centered on draft prospects here's a thread for all Bulls related discussion until the end of the season since our draft fate is linked to theirs now. 

As a reminder we're owed a top 4 protected pick in this year's draft. If the Bulls get some lottery luck that pick becomes a 2022 top 3 protected first. 

We're also owed a 2023 top 4 protected 1st

Here's a fun little thought, what if Zach Lavine leaves in free agency after the 2021-2022 season? It's not likely but it would make that 2023 pick super interesting. 

Top four protected, not top 5 protected?   I think we were saying top 5 protected to begin with.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Top four protected, not top 5 protected?   I think we were saying top 5 protected to begin with.  

According to what i read you were right. I think the poster was just trying to save time in that Chicago could not get the number 5 pick. It's hard to explain. They are either gonna wind up7-12, or if they get a lucky ball 1-4. Obviously they have a chance to win the play in and be a non lottery team. The east is really weird right now. You have the Nets,Bucks and Philly.  After that it's a complete mess. Teams like the Celtics,Heat and Pacers are underachieving in a big way. And who the heck knows if the Hawks,Knicks and Hornets keep winning. I think the Bulls made a big mistake, they still can't play defense, not sure how that changes.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JJZFL said:

For all intents and purposes it's the same thing. The site I'm looking at says top 4 protected but if it's top 5 protected the only way the Bulls could get the 5th pick is if they had top 5 lottery odds.

Bulls 0 - 3 since the trade, now have the 8th best lotto odds. A half game behind OKC for 9th, 2 games ahead of Washington and Toronto for 6th, 2.5 games ahead of Cleveland for 5th

53 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Bulls 0 - 3 since the trade, now have the 8th best lotto odds. A half game behind OKC for 9th, 2 games ahead of Washington and Toronto for 6th, 2.5 games ahead of Cleveland for 5th

Yikes

For context with the Bulls, Lavine hasn't been 100% since Vuc arrived apparently (he missed the last game and I read he didn't look himself in the Warriors game). I'm not sure they make the playoffs but I doubt they fall much further.

8th lottery seeding is likely the lowest Chicago drop, they will end up between 8-10 imo. Toronto are fully tanking and they're still better than Washington and Cleveland. Though we can always dream big and hope they drop to 5 and then stay there after the lottery finishes, they are only 2.5 games off Cleveland after all. If they stick where they are now, barring a disaster with the ping pong balls that should be pick 8 or 9. For what it's worth Washington went into the lottery at 8 last year and dropped to 9. Though last years lottery changes were pretty crazy.

If we do get 8, 9 or 10 then we've had a really good return from the Vooch trade. Will make these boards very exciting on draft night if we have two top ten picks.

From our opponents perspective, I think the nuggets were the smarter ones with the trade

they added a young guy who is just what they needed, an athletic, slasher and decent defender as 3rd option on the attack after their 2 stars, jokic and murray

the celtics trade is in the middle since they didnt give up much and had the trade exception, but fournier does not fit that team and the defensive mindset of their coach

the bulls trade was the worst, since they added another non defender, in a position where there are plenty of big men available, who is older and gave up 2 first rounders in the process. They are still far far away from your contention, no way that team can even sniff the 2nd round / ecf with the likes of nets, bucks, heat and sixers around.

29 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

From our opponents perspective, I think the nuggets were the smarter ones with the trade

they added a young guy who is just what they needed, an athletic, slasher and decent defender as 3rd option on the attack after their 2 stars, jokic and murray

the celtics trade is in the middle since they didnt give up much and had the trade exception, but fournier does not fit that team and the defensive mindset of their coach

the bulls trade was the worst, since they added another non defender, in a position where there are plenty of big men available, who is older and gave up 2 first rounders in the process. They are still far far away from your contention, no way that team can even sniff the 2nd round / ecf with the likes of nets, bucks, heat and sixers around.

The problem the Bulls have is they are one of the worst in the league defending the pick and roll. Vooch often struggled defending it with us so I don't see the trade adding any wins for them this year. That might change next season as they'll be in the market for more trades this summer, Markannen will be moved for sure. But right now, I honestly think they just became what we were which was a 10-7 playoff seed in the East. To make it worse, they could actually lose LaVine at the end of next season if he's not happy with the way things are going.

Thing with Gordon is he won't even be third option. Porter jr is arguably better than him. But yeah, that means he'll only be doing what he should be, which is spotting up, slashing and guarding the best player in the playoffs. Perfect situation for him.

• Like 1