Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Chicago Bulls Draft Pick Watch

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason said:

If 2021 and 2022 didn't convey 2023 would become 2 second round picks. The 2023 first would then be pushed back.

Crazy rule. If they get lucky enough to get two top 4 picks in a row, then the law "rewards" them and only gives us 2 second round picks instead of a more fair solution, like say a top 1 or top 2 protected? 

This is absurd

5 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Crazy rule. If they get lucky enough to get two top 4 picks in a row, then the law "rewards" them and only gives us 2 second round picks instead of a more fair solution, like say a top 1 or top 2 protected? 

This is absurd

The odds they're bad enough to get back to back top 4 and 3 picks with Lavine and Vuc is miniscule.

So after tonight

Orlando still has #4 but is now only 2 games back of #7 (keep an eye on Toronto they are tanking hard)

Chicago is #9 but only a half game back on #8 (8 is probably the lowest seeding they get)

We're not winning many more games I wouldn't worry. This was catching the Clippers on a bad schedule night with only 9 healthy guys. 

14 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

We're not winning many more games I wouldn't worry. This was catching the Clippers on a bad schedule night with only 9 healthy guys. 

I actually disagree with this.

Washington, Indiana, Chicago, Toronto, Houston, New Orleans, Indiana, Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta. All those games if the team plays hard are close games, we have Cole and Harris back for most of those as well. Not saying we win all of those OFC but we can certainly win enough for Oklahoma, Cleveland and Toronto to jump us in the lottery.

25 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

I actually disagree with this.

Washington, Indiana, Chicago, Toronto, Houston, New Orleans, Indiana, Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta. All those games if the team plays hard are close games, we have Cole and Harris back for most of those as well. Not saying we win all of those OFC but we can certainly win enough for Oklahoma, Cleveland and Toronto to jump us in the lottery.

OKC are playing really hard too. And they've got a legit All Star calibre guard. Have to imagine Toronto can win enough to stick ahead of us with their guys but it does look like they're tanking. 

I think we'll finish about where we are right now to be honest with 4th or 5th best odds. It's all about ping pong balls really anyway.

I'd add that with the new lotto odds there isn't that much difference between 3rd and 4th (probably not catching Minny or Houston). It's also much more likely we'll see at least one team in the 5-8 range jump--look at 2019 draft when the bottom 3 teams picked 3rd, 5th and 6th.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

OKC are playing really hard too. And they've got a legit All Star calibre guard. Have to imagine Toronto can win enough to stick ahead of us with their guys but it does look like they're tanking. 

I think we'll finish about where we are right now to be honest with 4th or 5th best odds. It's all about ping pong balls really anyway.

Nah Shai has already been out with injuries. They have already started tanking hard. It's just Presti is so good at evaluating talent they have to be very blatant about it. An undrafted rookie they played the other night had a 20 point 20 rebound night. Even though they changed the lottery odds this year the tanking is going to be absolutely ridiculous. The two worst teams aren't playing to win at all because they lose their picks  if they don't(Rockets/Wolves). We have Detroit who hasn't tried to win from day one.

Next we have the Cavs,Wizards and Raptors. We know the Raptors and Wizards should win more games then us, if they play the vets. Who knows what they will do the last 4 weeks. Cavs are sneaky already tanking. They were bad anyway, but now they aren't playing Nance,Allen,Delladova,Dotson,Osman...etc. Basically they are starting Sexton,Garland, two rookies and Isiah Hartenstein at center. They are gonna pass us bye. 

Not even going to break down the west. Face it Magic fans, after seeing how well we have played we are gonna have to rely on the lottery gods. I suggest we try not to worry about it too much. It's time for the balls to bounce our way. 

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The odds they're bad enough to get back to back top 4 and 3 picks with Lavine and Vuc is miniscule.

But that is not the argument. The point is that it is a bad rule.

If you want to make the league more equivalent, you cannot further reward a team who was extremely lucky to begin with.

If this were to actually happen, bulls would get 2 top 4 picks + only give us 2 second rounders for our waiting job.

It is a bad rule, and it should be changed fast.

14 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

But that is not the argument. The point is that it is a bad rule.

If you want to make the league more equivalent, you cannot further reward a team who was extremely lucky to begin with.

If this were to actually happen, bulls would get 2 top 4 picks + only give us 2 second rounders for our waiting job.

It is a bad rule, and it should be changed fast.

It's not a rule. It's an agreement between the teams. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1