TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic @ Lakers - Mar. 28, 2021

Fun game, most I've enjoyed a game in years despite the loss. Mo should’ve finished up the game, he earned it, but Wendell is great at rim pro and getting to the line. Loved what I saw out of RJ... would’ve been sweet to see Otto send it to OT, so close! It’s gonna get real fun when Cole and T get back and take Bacon and Randle/MCW minutes... we might win a couple more games than we expected once we get through this brutal stretch 

• Upvote 1

Weltham never mentioned in his presser that this rebuild would mean we would have watch D Bacon have 19fga. 
ITS *****IN DWAYNE BACON TIME 

Well if that game wasn't proof that you can basically put any 10 guys on a roster with LeBron and AD and they'll win a championship I don't know what is. 

Fun though.

First impressions of the new guys:

Wendell Carter moves his feet really well, has decent feel as a roll man. Certainly looks like he'll at least be a rotation player in the league for a long time. 

RJ Hampton - has a lot of work to do in his handle if he's ever going to be a PG but you can tell he's got a scorers mentality, had a couple of impressive buckets. He's going to have to show a little more fight around screens if he wants to earn playing time with Cliff though. 

Otto Porter: just looks solid. Didn't do a lot offensively but didn't do a lot wrong on either end. Would have been fun to see him send it to OT. Had a great look and the shot looked good out of his hands. 

Of the guys who were already here I thought it was a fun game from Bacon. I don't mind him taking the shots this game to be honest. Our only healthy guard who has been here longer than 3 days (not just PG but any guard) was Chasson Randle. And it's not a super high bar for the young guys to clear if they want to get more opportunities at scoring and facilitating 'be a better ball handler and scorer than Dwayne Bacon'. 

Thought Bamba was awesome. Was disappointed he didn't close the game out but I think that might have been a matchups thing because he really struggled guarding Harrell.

Chuma Okeke is going to be better for us than Aaron Gordon was. I honestly believe that. And that's no slight on AG I always thought he was awesome but Okeke's combination of passing, shooting and defense is so exciting. 

• Upvote 1

Just woke up and watched Cliffords presser. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt while we get a bunch of new players and immediately go out on a west coast road trip. There's no way they will be getting any sort of proper practices together atm so I can understand going with the players he knows for the time being. It does worry me however that he is so bent up out of shape, he chewed them out really hard and if he's that pissed after one game then another 20 or so and he's going to have a stroke.

Starting Birch made no sense when he played him at the 4 anyway for most of the game, just bring him in to cover the 4 off the bench and start WCJ.

Bacon getting 19 attempts in a game is straight up bad coaching. Though he's so bad it helps the tank. Some of Bacons shots were an absolute disgrace.

Hampton got thrown under the bus and was yanked in game. Im all for holding the young guys accountable so they dont get bad habits but do it in the locker room not in the presser . . . 

• Like 1