Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Nuggets @ Magic - Mar. 23, 2021

6 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Oh look, I imagine it has traction in the sense that other teams are getting aggressive and they're taking the calls. But yeah if there is one media base that seems to be almost as biased and one-eyed as the fans it's the Celtics. But I'd have to say there's no point in not playing them if they haven't been offered what they want yet.

I'm calling it now. Magic trade Gordon to the Celtics for the two picks and use a pick,some picks to trade Ross and Bamba to Houston for Dipo. Magic extend Dipo.

They also go into the luxury tax to sign Evan.

This team as constructed has finally given up. It’s been a rough year with injury and we’ve played some ugly basketball, but tonight is the first time I can remember the effort not being there. Time to make moves 

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

I'm calling it now. Magic trade Gordon to the Celtics for the two picks and use a pick,some picks to trade Ross and Bamba to Houston for Dipo. Magic extend Dipo.

Well I would love him back here but yeah I'd believe it if I saw it lol

3 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

And this is why you don't play players involved in trade chat at the deadline, team is a mess and playing for themselves lol

If Vuc can pull his head in and actually push through all of this, and end the season on as good a note as it has been going... then I would tolerate him sticking around. If he uses this as an excuse to duck back into his shell then this may have unintentionally tanked his trade value. And I guess I will give you that take then... maybe sit these guys to not lose leverage on the bigger fish... can't win can we?

1 minute ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Well I would love him back here but yeah I'd believe it if I saw it lol

I would not mind this if it had happened in a natural progression. Having Dipo,Fultz and Isaac all being injury prone while being inefficient on offense.....can be pretty bad. All bets are off if we get the number one pick in the draft. Cade might make that line-up work.

2 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

If Vuc can pull his head in and actually push through all of this, and end the season on as good a note as it has been going... then I would tolerate him sticking around. If he uses this as an excuse to duck back into his shell then this may have unintentionally tanked his trade value. And I guess I will give you that take then... maybe sit these guys to not lose leverage on the bigger fish... can't win can we?

It's just something you don't really do at trade deadline. Players that are involved in heavy trade chatter aren't going to be in the right headspace to play hard. Even worse is one of them could end up injured in the game and that's on the FO you have to take them away from the head coach. Team right now looks like it knows it's in for a shakeup in a few days.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

It’s still not a guarantee Nik is here past Thursday 

• Upvote 1

You can't make this up. They just said Evans child got hold of one of the cupping devices and put it on Evans head, that's why he has the cupping mark on his forehead loooool

• Like 1

Look at the talent, Denver has an MVP candidate and lots of flaws and are only 5th in the west. You can argue Porter,Murray and Jokic are more talented then anyone on our roster.

Blow this team up. People keep saying they need Gordon but Green and Milsap provide what Gordon does. What they really need is an upgrade to Harris.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It’s still not a guarantee Nik is here past Thursday 

Yeah that's half what I was getting at. He's always been emotional and vulnerable and that could screw up leverage on him if he tanks his own value by proving to be mentally weak still. Meanwhile I don't mind them playing hardball on Gordon because the pressure to trade him isn't really there unless there is unequivocal proof of his trade request