Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

I just had a “WeltHam” realization. What if in the trade with Denver, WeltHam didn’t want their 2021 FRP? ... They didn’t want three rookies coming in next year? The more I think about it, the more I believe that’s what happened. Denver already owes OKC their 2023 FRP, so it then had to be their 2025 FRP. WeltHam probably got the better protection scenario through this approach. Maybe I’m reaching but it sounds consistent with their approach.

17 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I just had a “WeltHam” realization. What if in the trade with Denver, WeltHam didn’t want their 2021 FRP? ... They didn’t want three rookies coming in next year? The more I think about it, the more I believe that’s what happened. Denver already owes OKC their 2023 FRP, so it then had to be their 2025 FRP. WeltHam probably got the better protection scenario through this approach. Maybe I’m reaching but it sounds consistent with their approach.

Huh? Why don't you guys speak a basketball language I understand?

I'm lost when you start  talking about FRP, MLE, TPE . . . XYZ. It's too much for my brain to handle. 90D214.jpg

Before and after the trade deadline, that's most of what discussions are about on  our board and other message boards, also espn, cnn. . .

jmPxaY.png . . .JUST KIDDING/I'm bored!  CARRY ON!!!   :0

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Definitely sounds reasonable to be fair. 

Having 3 firsts in one draft puts you in an awkward position because teams will know you don't want to use all 3 so they'll low ball us with offers for that late first but also try and extort more assets out of us if we try to trade up. 

Have to also consider that if Denver pick say #26 and we have pick #34 anyway in the second we could very well get the guy we'd pick at #26 with #34 (another 'draft flattened out' scenario)

Reasonable.

Also, that pick would have been bad next season, could be good on 2025, who knows, a lot of things could happen in 4 years.

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Have to also consider that if Denver pick say #26 and we have pick #34 anyway in the second we could very well get the guy we'd pick at #26 with #34 (another 'draft flattened out' scenario)

And with how the contracts work, 34 would have more value to use because 2nd round contracts aren’t guaranteed...

Also was doing some research today about the Bulls. Their remaining schedule is tough and they’re only 2 games away from falling in to 5th play lotto odds, currently 10th. We could realistically have 2 top 10 picks 

Just now, Luke_FfS said:

Reasonable.

Also, that pick would have been bad next season, could be good on 2025, who knows, a lot of things could happen in 4 years.

Next year wasn’t even an option. They’ve already trade their 2023 pick, so stepien rules mean they can’t trade firsts in back to back seasons. So our option was either 2021 or 2025 or later

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Next year wasn’t even an option.

For next season I mean... 2021/22. :) Next draft, with other words.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

For next season I mean... 2021/22. :) Next draft, with other words.

Ahh. Gotcha. Yeah, Denver’s first in this next draft wouldn’t have much value to us

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Right. I wrote a follow up because my words could’ve read as confrontational. I apologize 

I understand that you weren’t questioning my fandom

All good. I never had any issues of any sort with anything you posted :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Also was doing some research today about the Bulls. Their remaining schedule is tough and they’re only 2 games away from falling in to 5th play lotto odds, currently 10th. We could realistically have 2 top 10 picks 

I’m just gonna quote this and ask you to please look at the score of their game at halftime... Poor Vooch

• Like 1

Until proven otherwise, I still think LaVine is empty calories. He's become a much better shooter but so inconsequential. Reminds me of Mitch Richmond or Antoine Walker or even... gasp.. Carmelo

23 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m just gonna quote this and ask you to please look at the score of their game at halftime... Poor Vooch

I really do feel sorry for Vuc. I'm able to stream the game. He was thrown in there tonight having little to no time to adjust to the Bulls team and with very poor talent around him. I really feel sorry for him, believe it or not.

That is why I question his being traded in an earlier post. I really wish the Magic had kept him. We benefited from his scoring, which would have helped in mentoring the younger guys. Also, I don't believe it would have interfered with their development.