Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Weltman speaks 

Great post, i usually listen every morning anyhow. Take a listen, it's by far the longest interview with Weltman i have listened to.

Good things about it, seems to get the reality of our situation and talks about helping the players. He understood their frustration and need to move on to different situations. 

51 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Weltman speaks 

Very interesting, with very good questions. Thanks for sharing Jay Magic!

I am happy with our way forward. It was about time but I am just not able to rest assured with Weltman and his decisions... I am very concerned about what he is going to do with all the cap space, especially with such a bad free agency this offseason. I am also concerned about his draft choices, but let's wait for the ping-pong balls first.

He also praises Cliff all over and says he is the same guy and doing the same thing today as in every other day... Well, he shouldn't. At least starting off today... I really think he is not the best coach for us, not anymore. This "rebuild" requires giving the young guys all the playing time available and help them in their development and his track record does not validate that. In case he continues, I hope he proves me wrong.

1 hour ago, ShefGator2 said:

While I agree with your premise that veteran players can provide leadership, this particular group of veterans (Vuc, AG, and Fournier) have had the opportunity to lead the team to success for approx 7 years and the best they could muster was a 7 seed and 5 of those 7 years of missing the playoffs.  Therefore, getting rid of this particular group of vets is not a bad thing.  If Isaac, Ross, and Fultz are not ready to lead the young guys to a winning culture, then the GM can look to bring in a couple of vets who can handle those responsibilities.  Either way, I think this path gives the Magic a good chance of rebuilding the team and culture to rise above the decade-long string of topping out at being mediocre.   

I agree with much of what you said and also wanted to make changes.  I’m not sorry to see Fournier go, for example.  I’m concerned with how drastic the changes were, though.  It may be harder than many people think for us to become decent again with what we have left.  Here’s hoping that I’m wrong.  

14 hours ago, MagicTurk said:

I love this deadline. Let the tank begin!!! We finally get rid of buddy ball and set ourselves up Big for next year, hopefull w/ Cade. Just imagine Issac now being a top scoring option on this team and the DPOY! 

2021-22 lineup w/ Cade:

PG Markelle Fultz (All Star), Cole Anthony , RJ Hampton

SG Cade Cunningham (Superstar),  Gary Harris (Expiring), MCW

SF Terrence Ross, (Josh Christopher or Zaire Williams w/ Bulls mid-1st rounder), Otto Porter on friendlier deal.

PF Jon Issac (Superstar), Chuma Okeke

C  Wendell Carter Jr, Mo Bamba

Maybe team can even get Otto to come back for Terrence Ross like contract. Cade makes any team look great, but having Kell and Issac healthy really changes the outlook.

I bet on Chuma to earn one of the starting (and closing) Power Forward positions. To me Chuma will be an All-Star. Time will tell, of course.

If anyone is having a hard time with moving on, just remember that in 7 years together, the 3 guys we traded won 2 playoff games with a 2-8 record and didn’t make the playoffs in the other 5 seasons they played together.