Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

25 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

I see some people are disappointed by the return on these trades and they could have been a little better.  But what did you expect?  We are trading our best players but we are not good.  From the other teams perspective our players will be filling lesser roles on their teams.  

Weham definitely does not know how to cash in when value is high. Fournier has gotten offers for FRP's, Elf Payton had a FRP offer the year they took over and they held on to him and dumped for a 2nd. AG had bigger return a couple years ago. Vuc probably would have gotten more if it was at seasons end. I'm glad we got what we did. The big key is the young guys Carter,Bamba, Hampton, Chuma all get a chance to develop and we now commit to Issac, Fultz and hopefully Cade as the future while getting a ton of cap flexibility to build around them.

58 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

This doesn't really tell the whole story though does it considering the huge amount of injuries. 

Sure but the vet trio we traded had plenty of time to elevate this franchise. Is it all on them? Absolutely not. But having those three be our cornerstones was not a winning formula.

58 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I completely agree.  I was just hoping we could try to remain a little bit competitive while moving in a different direction.  Given the action today it seems we’re accepting being really awful for an unknown period of time

I’m concerned with relying on Fultz or Isaac given the injury histories.  Also, neither one shoots very well, which makes me feel like we are retracing some of our steps but with younger players.  

I agree that we’ve just headed completely into the unknown. It could be great. It could be awful. The one thing I do know is that somehow Birch has become a son of the franchise and will some day join Brian Hill and Dante as a career Magic employee.

31 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I agree that we’ve just headed completely into the unknown. It could be great. It could be awful. The one thing I do know is that somehow Birch has become a son of the franchise and will some day join Brian Hill and Dante as a career Magic employee.

LOL

Did anyone notice that the two second round picks for Fournier are not until 2025 and 2027?  Talk about really getting nothing.....

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Did anyone notice that the two second round picks for Fournier are not until 2025 and 2027?  Talk about really getting nothing.....

Meh... he was an expiring, and we turned him in to a $17 million trade exception that we can either use or not use in the next year. We weren’t gonna get much for a half season rental of a slightly above average basketball player who hasn’t been able to stay on the court all season.

11 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think we got a fair deal for all of the guys.

Can’t wait to see Cliff play Mcw, Ross, Birch, Harris & Porter 49 mins per game

Surely he’s under direction from the FO now and that doesn’t happen? Well find out tomorrow to see if he starts Birch over Mo. 

Just now, harley said:

What happens if Chicago luck into a top 4 pick this year? Does it carry over into next year?? 

Yes, instead of 2021 & 2023 it becomes 2022 and 2024