Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

Here’s what people need to remember as we look back at this decision. We are the 4th worst team in the NBA right now. With the “vet core” we had, we were not very good.

Mixed feelings.
I've been the one that wanted to trade Vuch for a long time, or at least surround him with better players, and I'm happy we finally have a direction. I've also always suggested that his trade value was not that high as many could have thought, and that contenders weren't lining up to get him... I think that this move confirm the impression.
Now, even if into the trade we've included one year of moderate bad contract (Aminu), is this really all FO was able to get for an All-Star playing the best basket of his career? Why don't wait a little more until the end of the deadline? Maybe something better could have been offered... same story for Fournier, maybe some other team was going to get desperate as the deadline approached.
Gordon... I don't know, I'll always regret the fact that is traded now that the Nik&Evan show is over. Maybe he'll regret it too... I really think it was worth to try him with this new "core", and see if he really has another gear we haven't seen.

In general, none of the three trades get us back a great package. So, I'm still not convinced about managemente ability, even if they FINALLY chose a path. Return value is a little low, but at least the cap space hell is softened, there're some assets we can work with, and we handed the key to the young group.

One obvious question: what's the deal with coach Cliff now? Will he embrace the rebuild? Will give minutes to the young guys and let them learn through the errors? I'm not sure he's the right coach to do that, and that will embrace that new situation. I can still envision mediocre veterans "stealing" minutes to the young guys.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I mean it could happen but if that’s your strategy, be prepared for a lot of losing years because it doesn’t happen very often.  More likely to draft solid to good players and have a re-run of the past 9 years.  

Not my strategy at all. Getting a great player in the draft is a crap shoot no matter when you draft. I will go with the more chances you have increasing the odds though.

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Here’s what people need to remember as we look back at this decision. We are the 4th worst team in the NBA right now. With the “vet core” we had, we were not very good.

And... we STILL didn’t address point guard.. I’m setting the over/under for wins the rest of the way at 4.5 and taking the under 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I really hope we give RJ and Chuma a ton of minutes the rest of the year.

And Bamba....because we need to know who he is as a basketball player.  Hopefully a Dwight Junior.....Defense, Blocks, Rebounds. We know he can shoot okay.

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

And... we STILL didn’t address point guard.. I’m setting the over/under for wins the rest of the way at 4.5 and taking the under 

Cole Anthony and RJ will carry the load at PG until Markelle can laze them up officially.

Gone from being unwatchable to very watchable all the sudden. Can’t see how anyone can’t be happy with today’s result Start Cole, Rj,  Chuma and Bamba. Give them all the minutes. No reason to play bacon, Ennis, Randle, Birch meaningful minutes. 

48 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

This doesn't really tell the whole story though does it considering the huge amount of injuries. 

• Upvote 1