Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

15 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I really hope we give RJ and Chuma a ton of minutes the rest of the year.

I think we have to surely 

41 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, assuming Porter, Hampton, Harris, Carter all can’t play tomorrow, and Ross and Bamba both make their return, we’ll have a lineup of

MCW/Randle

Ross/Mane

Ennis/Bacon

Okeke

Birch/Bamba

One of Bamba or Ross have to make their return for us to avoid a forfeit due to not having enough players

think we'll score 70?

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Yes.  We will go back to being a complete doormat.  Let’s hope it works out better for us this time.  

9 years ago I predicted that our decision to tank could result in us being bad for a very long time.   The same thing could easily happen again, especially with very few players to lend a solid veteran presence.  I think we learned you can’t just throw young players out there, have them make tons of mistakes, and get obliterated.  It builds bad habits and a losing culture.  

Also, as much as everyone hopes for a generational talent in the draft (I remember when people were saying that about Wiggins), it’s really unlikely to get a rookie so great that he can single-handedly transform a bad roster into a contender.  It happened to us twice which made some of our fans think it can happen more often than it actually does.  

6 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

think we'll score 70?

Not sure.  I’m debating if I want to watch any more games this season.  Probably would be more fun to watch our G League team if they would put that out there instead.  

Might watch just for laughs.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Also, as much as everyone hopes for a generational talent in the draft (I remember when people were saying that about Wiggins), it’s really unlikely to get a rookie so great that he can single-handedly transform a bad roster into a contender.  It happened to us twice which made some of our fans think it can happen more often than it actually does.  

It happened twice for US, but it happens for other teams too. Why not us again?

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

It happened twice for US, but it happens for other teams too. Why not us again?

I mean it could happen but if that’s your strategy, be prepared for a lot of losing years because it doesn’t happen very often.  More likely to draft solid to good players and have a re-run of the past 9 years.  

5 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

So effectively we traded Gordon for RJ Hampton. Yikes

I dunno.  If this goes the way of the last “tank”, we might need that draft pick in 2027 because we’ll still be terrible.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Yes.  We will go back to being a complete doormat.  Let’s hope it works out better for us this time.  

9 years ago I predicted that our decision to tank could result in us being bad for a very long time.   The same thing could easily happen again, especially with very few players to lend a solid veteran presence.  I think we learned you can’t just throw young players out there, have them make tons of mistakes, and get obliterated.  It builds bad habits and a losing culture.  

I hear you but I believe this time is different. While I don’t think he’s a creative coach, Cliff has established a culture of hustle and team play and our two young core guys got really hurt. As much as we didn’t want to make this choice, I believe we had to make this choice given the circumstances and our timeline. Fournier and AG were a given, and I think we saw the ceiling of a team built around Vooch.