Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If I’m interpreting the rumored offer from the Celtics right its Evan Fournier absorbed in to their trade exception, then Aaron Gordon for Marcus Smart, Aaron Nesmith/Romeo Langford and 2 first round picks. No idea when the picks would be or what the protections would be

I'm not entirely convinced Marcus Smart would be happy here (I believe we'd have drafted him at #2 in 2013 but he chose to go back to school instead) but he'd be an interesting trade piece because I think he'd have a lot of suitors. 

Not convinced either of Nesmith or Langford are NBA players but they're worth a shot.

Have to see what the protections are like on the picks. 

There are worse deals. Smart would fetch more stuff (a young player and a pick probably) in the summer if he wanted to be traded.

We might be able to get more stuff by trading them separately though.

AG wanting to leave for "a larger market with greater branding opportunities" is a sign of the times and isn't at all shocking considering his agent became a part of Klutch Sports in January. 

(Terrence Ross also signed with Klutch Sports in January fwiw)

If it’s for AG and Evan it’s one of 

Smart, one of Langford/Nesmith and 1 x 1st rounder or 

Langford, Nesmith and 2 x 1st rounders 

I would jump at either. Prefer the bottom one. Smart is pretty much Gordon in a different position. If we get smart I think we will dangle him in off-season for another trade. 

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If I’m interpreting the rumored offer from the Celtics right its Evan Fournier absorbed in to their trade exception, then Aaron Gordon for Marcus Smart, Aaron Nesmith/Romeo Langford and 2 first round picks. No idea when the picks would be or what the protections would be

Although i covet players from other teams, you have to admit this return would be very good.I hope this is true. 

Had to edit. This return would be good mostly because of Smart and the picks. Romeo has not played at all this year, could be a complete bust. Nesmith is exactly what he should be, a late lottery pick who can shoot. Have no idea if he can do enough of anything else to stay on the floor. Smart would stabilize the line-up next year until Futlz is healthy. Then he would be a killer deadline asset next year. 

The Young players are icing on the cake because they are cheap. However, several other young players rumored have more upside. Poole,Porter,Simons, and several others are much closer to being actual rotation players then Nesmith and Romeo. 

4 hours ago, harley said:

If it’s for AG and Evan it’s one of 

Smart, one of Langford/Nesmith and 1 x 1st rounder or 

Langford, Nesmith and 2 x 1st rounders 

I would jump at either. Prefer the bottom one. Smart is pretty much Gordon in a different position. If we get smart I think we will dangle him in off-season for another trade. 

The second scenario you mentioned isn’t possible under the cap. Boston could take in one of Gordon or Fournier’s contracts with their trade exception, but not both. They’d have to match salary of the other of the 2 if they’re trading for both. The only guys they have that make enough for that are Tatum, Brown, Walker, Smart and Thompson. Tatum and Brown are untouchables for them, Walker is an unwantable at that contract and with his knee, Thompson doesn’t move the radar at all except for cap clearing, like if they throw him in as an expiring and we throw in Aminu at the end of a proposed trade where salaries already match then I’m all in. If we go Celtics with a trade, and send both Evan and Aaron out, we’d almost assuredly get Smart back.

The Boston trades being discussed are terrible. Don't get this fascination with Nesmith and langford, neither are good and the picks are pointless as they will end up being around 20th pick or higher as Boston makes playoffs and easily pick up more wins with those trades. Out of all the teams being discussed they are the last team I would want to do a trade with.

The players they should be looking at getting in return should be of the ilk of Trent jnr, someone thats actually good. . . .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

The Boston trades being discussed are terrible. Don't get this fascination with Nesmith and langford, neither are good and the picks are pointless as they will end up being around 20th pick or higher as Boston makes playoffs and easily pick up more wins with those trades. Out of all the teams being discussed they are the last team I would want to do a trade with.

The players they should be looking at getting in return should be of the ilk of Trent jnr, someone thats actually good. . . .

I agree with this here unless we center the package around Smart, Williams III, and a couple firsts for Gordon and Fournier. Other than that I wouldn’t listen to anything else the Celtics were offering as Langford hasn’t been able to crack their rotation and he’s been with them for at least 3 years now and Nesmith doesn’t show he has anything special at the NBA level yet. So no thanks if I’m trading away a future Allstar I’m going to need more in return. I’d listen to all offers and put all teams against each other in a bidding war. Let the best offer win simple enough. 

16 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

I really want Aaron in Denver for RJ Hampton, Bol Bol and Will Barton

12 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’d personally love this framework. I don’t want Langford but Smart, Nesmith and two FRPs for Fournier and AG works for me. (I’d assume we’d trade Smart for more bounty)