Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

Could y’all imagine being a Bulls fan and waiting years to get out of Otto Porter’s contract just to flip him half a season before it expires and be stuck with another 2 and a half years of a terrible contract on Alpha Rook Aminu?! Sheeesh

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Could y’all imagine being a Bulls fan and waiting years to get out of Otto Porter’s contract just to flip him half a season before it expires and be stuck with another 2 and a half years of a terrible contract on Alpha Rook Aminu?! Sheeesh

It's only this half season and one more to be fair. And next year a 10m expiring might be pretty easy to move. 

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m just gonna quote this and ask you to please look at the score of their game at halftime... Poor Vooch

Yea I don't think that team is guaranteed success now I've taken a step back and left my emotion about Vuc out of it. They're 28th in the league in opponents points in the paint and for all Vuc's qualities he's always been a below average rim protector. 

Doesn't really matter how many All Stars you've got when it's a layup line for your opponents. 

For a team that's struggled through injuries this year I couldn't help but notice:

Otto Porter Jr - hasn't played more than 60 games since 17-18

Gary Harris - also hasn't played in more than 60 games since 17-18

Wendell Carter Jr - has never played in more than 50 games in a season

The trade was never a 'good' trade for Chicago. Did they get better, yes. Vooch is an upgrade over WCJ. Will they get more wins, no. Chicago has little issue scoring, it's on the defensive end where they have their issues. Vooch does little to solve that. They have a brutal schedule to boot so it's quite likely they miss out on the playoffs. They basically became what we were, mediocre. Lavine also expires next season so is going to cost more or leave.

As of last night they dropped in the standings again, the pick is now #9.

Just seen the twitter post is in the Vooch thread so edited it out.

Boston and Knicks winning last night has also helped us with Chicago's pick. May have to become a temporary Boston, Indiana, Knicks fan!

52 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

For a team that's struggled through injuries this year I couldn't help but notice:

Otto Porter Jr - hasn't played more than 60 games since 17-18

Gary Harris - also hasn't played in more than 60 games since 17-18

Wendell Carter Jr - has never played in more than 50 games in a season

Yes we are the premier injury team in the league. On the other hand the whole team will be a great redemption story next year. All these guys are still young and will be super hungry to prove themselves.

42 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

The trade was never a 'good' trade for Chicago. Did they get better, yes. Vooch is an upgrade over WCJ. Will they get more wins, no. Chicago has little issue scoring, it's on the defensive end where they have their issues. Vooch does little to solve that. They have a brutal schedule to boot so it's quite likely they miss out on the playoffs. They basically became what we were, mediocre. Lavine also expires next season so is going to cost more or leave.

As of last night they dropped in the standings again, the pick is now #9.

I feel much better about the trade then the other day. It was probably the best one out there. I still don't understand the play in games 7th-10th seed thing. However I feel pretty confident the Bulls won't win it. They play no defense and have no real point guard. Your right, they might actually wind up with a worse record then before the trade.

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Yes we are the premier injury team in the league. On the other hand the whole team will be a great redemption story next year. All these guys are still young and will be super hungry to prove themselves.

I feel much better about the trade then the other day. It was probably the best one out there. I still don't understand the play in games 7th-10th seed thing. However I feel pretty confident the Bulls won't win it. They play no defense and have no real point guard. Your right, they might actually wind up with a worse record then before the trade.

I think they can beat Atlanta in the tournament, if it comes to that. I just don't believe in the Hawks