Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

26 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

The Vucevic deal was not spur of the moment. Weltman said they were doing intel review on Wendell Carter over the last few weeks.

Interesting...

Sneak attack

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

About AG deal, I am looking forward on how RJ Hampton will develop and he may end up being a great return. I am a bit surprised he is "only" 6"4... exactly the same as Fultz but hopefully he plays more like a scorer rather than a playmaker. The pick we got is only in 4 years but it makes some sense as DEN should not be a bad team in the next 2/3 years, at least.

Fournier return is ok, imo. It is for a 6-month rental so it would be really hard to get much more than that. Honestly, I would be way more frustrated if I was a BOS fan... The trade deadline has passed and they didn't address their main weakness. Aminu would have made a lot of sense for them, but hey, I'm not going to feel bad for them, especially for Danny Ainge.

Aminu could technically be more well rounded then Tristan Thompson. In actual life they both have played terrible for years with Thompson only really trying his last year in Cleveland. Some guys get paid and then are never the same again, yeah injuries are a factor, because it takes a-lot of work to come back from them. I'm more surprised by New York not making a serious move. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

What I keep reading about WCJ is that he seems to have Hezonja syndrome. All the tools to be great but a little light on the decision making and basketball IQ

Ahh you beat me to it. The guy has an actual NBA body and physical ability. He also has displayed actual NBA skills, he can pass,shoot and handle a bit so he's not super raw. Word  is he just doesn't seem to get it. Can't put it all together, always out of place, etc. I think he is more of a "safe" guy who can be a decent starter if he comes around. Bamba is the "freak" who could be amazing if he just showed a few NBA skills to go along with his 3 point shot and ridiculous blocking ability.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

The Vucevic deal was not spur of the moment. Weltman said they were doing intel review on Wendell Carter over the last few weeks.

Interesting...

This scares me a bit because maybe it shows they were obsessed with the Center position. We all saw how that worked out with Bamba when we really just needed the best player available. 

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I feel great about this new beginning. Can't wait

It wii be interesting to see if you still feel the same way a year from now. Losing wears on people.  

Reports saying Boston was very hot after Vooch and AG. Honestly, I'm so glad we traded for the Bulls' picks, as they are the diamonds in the deal. I did want Nesmith over Hampton in an AG trade, so RJ's going to have to show we made the right decision there.

9 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

It wii be interesting to see if you still feel the same way a year from now. Losing wears on people.  

True. But I was here for the entire Hennigan era. There are tougher things than losing in sports

To clarify, I understand that there might be pain at the end of this rebuild, but not trying to make moves would have been a million times worse as a fan.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

True. But I was here for the entire Hennigan era. There are tougher things than losing in sports

I have no doubt you’ll still be here after all the time you’ve been part of this forum.  There aren’t that many of us “die-hards”.  Whether you’ll still be excited by the new start at that point is what I’m wondering.  Hopefully it will all work out well.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Ahh, but a year from now we'll all be wondering which crappy player are we going to take on with that fat TPE so two other teams can make a trade and send us 2 second round picks.

/sarcasm.

I think we are just going to have to get a little lucky. One or two of these guys will have to break out and maybe in 2022 or 2023 we throw some money at somebody. I still don't think we get the next disgruntled star, but stranger things have happened. We aren't beating teams like OKC if we dangle assets for the next guy(Bradley Beal). However, we might get one if the next year one is available we have 40 million in cap space. Picture this, we get Cade and Isaac gets back to DPOY form and we have money. Could be our time to get the next Rashard Lewis. Maybe, some other team get's Beal and the Wolves utterly fail next year?  Trade for KAT in 2022? So many possibilities if we can just show some progress.