Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

You’re a real die hard if you bother with this one

LOL.  Was thinking the same thing.  They might have trouble filling the arena even with a spectator limit of 4K or so.  

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

You’re a real die hard if you bother with this one

Ill be watching. Want to see loads of Okeke and Bamba 

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

I am happy with our way forward. It was about time but I am just not able to rest assured with Weltman and his decisions... I am very concerned about what he is going to do with all the cap space, especially with such a bad free agency this offseason. I am also concerned about his draft choices, but let's wait for the ping-pong balls first.

He also praises Cliff all over and says he is the same guy and doing the same thing today as in every other day... Well, he shouldn't. At least starting off today... I really think he is not the best coach for us, not anymore. This "rebuild" requires giving the young guys all the playing time available and help them in their development and his track record does not validate that. In case he continues, I hope he proves me wrong.

I'm not assured too, at all, basically they gave long term contracts when weren't really needed, and now they've made a lot of trades to shred part of those contracts (losing a little value back this way) and have a clearer cap space situation, while taking a decision way too late after the evaluation. Also, if we had all those requests for our players, I don't know why they haven't waited a little more and completed the deals just before the deadline. You alwasy have the option to find a desperate team when the clock is ticking... or maybe the market for our players wasn't just as big as recently rumored.

And while I love Cliff, I was not sure he was the right coach before the trade deadline... now clearly I'm even less sure. I would love to have/keep him as the def coach only, but that's not going to happen clearly.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

KOC haha nailed it

The answer to that simple question has arrived wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too late.

Still about yesterday, I'm glad CHI didn't trade for Lonzo Ball.

Don't get me wrong, Vuc definitely improves them offensively. But have they gotten Lonzo, they would improved even more and seriously degrade this years pick value.

They will still be a bad team defensively, so this will play in our favor. I expect the pick to be, at worst, in the early teens.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If anyone is having a hard time with moving on, just remember that in 7 years together, the 3 guys we traded won 2 playoff games with a 2-8 record and didn’t make the playoffs in the other 5 seasons they played together.

Not at all, my only concern is that if we weren't that late to make that decision, we could have seen the rest of the group developing in a different environment, and maybe Aaron would still be with us, but as a different player/role. I always hoped for that Fultz-Isaac-Gordon centered group, playing with both of them at PF/C in certain situations. Add Okeke, Cole, Birch and Bamba for the other minutes at C (or Carter now..) I would also liked Ross, you know, but a different Ross, without the green light at every moment, more focused on defense, but with those guys could have worked as an offensive guy would have been necessary.
Fultz-Ross-Isaac-Gordon-Birch
Fultz-Ross-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba
Fultz-Cole-Ross-Isaac-Gordon
Fultz-Cole--Isaac-Okeke-Gordon

and so on... a lot of different options available here... I know, not enticing now and not championship level, but if we would have correctly developed them and their chemestry since one year and an half ago, for example... we also would have some other pieces back from the trades, cap space... another scenario that unfortunately has faded.

About AG deal, I am looking forward on how RJ Hampton will develop and he may end up being a great return. I am a bit surprised he is "only" 6"4... exactly the same as Fultz but hopefully he plays more like a scorer rather than a playmaker. The pick we got is only in 4 years but it makes some sense as DEN should not be a bad team in the next 2/3 years, at least.

Fournier return is ok, imo. It is for a 6-month rental so it would be really hard to get much more than that. Honestly, I would be way more frustrated if I was a BOS fan... The trade deadline has passed and they didn't address their main weakness. Aminu would have made a lot of sense for them, but hey, I'm not going to feel bad for them, especially for Danny Ainge.

What I keep reading about WCJ is that he seems to have Hezonja syndrome. All the tools to be great but a little light on the decision making and basketball IQ

14 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I feel great about this new beginning. Can't wait

Oh, I’m all in when Wendell and RJ start playing with GH and Otto, just tonight before the new guys get in will be rough 

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Oh, I’m all in when Wendell and RJ start playing with GH and Otto, just tonight before the new guys get in will be rough 

True, reminds me of this meme:

when-she-asks-how-loyal-i-am-i-tell-her-

The Vucevic deal was not spur of the moment. Weltman said they were doing intel review on Wendell Carter over the last few weeks.

Interesting...