Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm feeling pretty negative about this whole thing right now. 

But let me tell you even if we don't get Cade but we do get a top 4 pick I'll feel a lot better when I see this group of guys tearing it up next season:

Fultz

Anthony

Isaac

Okeke

Bamba 

Hampton

Carter

Our top 4 pick (if not Cade hopefully Jalen Green)

Like if we get 70 games of that team healthy I won't care how many we win because it should at least be fun.

Yeah it's very possible this is a fun team like the 2013-2015 teams. Remember those games against OKC and the Heat? At least we were having fun watching a few young players balling out. The lottery is fickle but things could get better quickly. I was really tired of watching the same guys claw out 30 wins a year. Time for new blood.

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah it's very possible this is a fun team like the 2013-2015 teams. Remember those games against OKC and the Heat? At least we were having fun watching a few young players balling out. The lottery is fickle but things could get better quickly. 

I mean really if (and it's a big if) Isaac stays healthy and plays his DPOY calibre defense things could get very better very quickly. 

20 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I mean really if (and it's a big if) Isaac stays healthy and plays his DPOY calibre defense things could get very better very quickly. 

For all the projects and busts that get picked in the lottery, every year some guys come in and are legit offensive threats, even as rookies.

Just the last few years.

Tatum,Fox,Mitchell.

Doncic,Young,Gilgis-Alexander.

Zion,Ja,Herro.

We just need to get a guy this time who is not a project and has some real NBA ready skills. Obviously i want a superstar, i hope we get one.

Fade for Cade.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I guess I just don't get the desire to tank. Those 6 years we were awful from 12-13 to 17-18 were not overly fun. At times they were *****ing dreadful. In fact on at least one occasion during that span I basically stopped watching Magic games. 

There is a real scenario where we pick #5 and #16 in this coming draft (and it's not like a slim chance either). Don't get a franchise changer and spend the next 3 years as a bad franchise before trading an All Defense (possibly even All Star) Jonathan Isaac because he "doesn't elevate the franchise". 

I’d give this a +1 if I hadn’t used them all up for today already.  Completely agree. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Vucevic was a 2 time All Star and we went to the playoffs each of the past two years.

Tracy McGrady never won a playoff series in Orlando either but nobody ever says he never elevated the franchise. 

I hear you but I think timelines are important with the overall roster and players. TMac was 25 years old when he asked out of Orlando, while Vooch is 30. Honestly, had we kept TMac until he was 30 and still not won a series, I would have wanted to trade him, too. The TMac trade hurt more for me because he was heading into his prime.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

But let me tell you even if we don't get Cade but we do get a top 4 pick I'll feel a lot better when I see this group of guys tearing it up next season:

Fultz

Anthony

Isaac

Okeke

Bamba 

Hampton

Carter

Like if we get 70 games of that team healthy I won't care how many we win because it should at least be fun.

I agree 100%

I find it funny listening to national media (NBA Radio) how you rarely hear mention of any of the Magic players and when they have been discussed it was always negative. Now after these trades it's like the Magic traded away the best players in the league, they got fleeced bla bla bla..  I liked the guys we traded because they were our guys but we weren't going anywhere with them. Would I have liked to have gotten a better return? Sure, but at least now we have some young players that we can hopefully develop into something more than a 35 win team.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fultz

Anthony

Isaac

Okeke

Bamba 

Hampton

Carter

Who is going to reliably score on that team though?   Will it be fun to watch if our spacing is terrible?  We need some shooters to be able to compete and play modern basketball.  

Simple take about yesterday: I won’t miss watching Fournier and AG jack up ill advised shots, but I will miss watching Vooch’s smooth game. To Vooch’s (and Cliff’s) credit, he’d become a great player. That said, I like our new direction, and I can’t wait for the draft. Now let my guy Chuma shoot the ball the rest of the year!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Who is going to reliably score on that team though?   Will it be fun to watch if our spacing is terrible?  We need some shooters to be able to compete and play modern basketball.  

Maybe we can bring in JJ or Mike Miller to teach these youngsters how to shoot.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Maybe we can bring in JJ or Mike Miller to teach these youngsters how to shoot.

Miller is RJ shooting coach. Well he was