Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

7 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Injuries doesn't really tell the whole story either, we were equally mediocre when we got a season of great health.

We literally never saw Fultz, Isaac and Vuc play a season together. 

6 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Sure but the vet trio we traded had plenty of time to elevate this franchise. Is it all on them? Absolutely not. But having those three be our cornerstones was not a winning formula.

Vucevic was a 2 time All Star and we went to the playoffs each of the past two years.

Tracy McGrady never won a playoff series in Orlando either but nobody ever says he never elevated the franchise. 

I guess I just don't get the desire to tank. Those 6 years we were awful from 12-13 to 17-18 were not overly fun. At times they were *****ing dreadful. In fact on at least one occasion during that span I basically stopped watching Magic games. 

There is a real scenario where we pick #5 and #16 in this coming draft (and it's not like a slim chance either). Don't get a franchise changer and spend the next 3 years as a bad franchise before trading an All Defense (possibly even All Star) Jonathan Isaac because he "doesn't elevate the franchise". 

12 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I guess I just don't get the desire to tank. Those 6 years we were awful from 12-13 to 17-18 were not overly fun. At times they were *****ing dreadful. In fact on at least one occasion during that span I basically stopped watching Magic games. 

There is a real scenario where we pick #5 and #16 in this coming draft (and it's not like a slim chance either). Don't get a franchise changer and spend the next 3 years as a bad franchise before trading an All Defense (possibly even All Star) Jonathan Isaac because he "doesn't elevate the franchise". 

Eh what you described was happening this year with Vucevic,Gordon and Evan. Yes the injuries suck but once they handed out those contract extensions were gonna lose Evan and Gordon anyway. 

I too wish we could have tweaked the roster around Vucevic but it's been obvious our GM's dont have the skill other GM's do.

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I too wish we could have tweaked the roster around Vucevic but it's been obvious our GM's dont have the skill other GM's do.

See but if you really believe that our front office are bad the last thing I'd expect you'd want is for them to oversee a full rebuild. 

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

See but if you really believe that our front office are bad the last thing I'd expect you'd want is for them to oversee a full rebuild. 

I don't. I really was busy today or i would have posted a few more times. What happened today wasn't horrible but i wasn't overjoyed either. I still don't think they are good, but hey anyone can get something right. After all didn't our GM draft Giannis? What i hope is maybe something in the front office will change in the future. When it's time for us to pay for a free agent, or make a trade in the future i hope it's by another GM.

After yesterday we own all our own picks and the following picks in the next few years:

2021 CHI 1st (Top 4 protected)

2022 IND 2nd round pick (via Bucks) (only conveys in 2022 if Indiana sends a 2nd to Brooklyn this year)

2023 CHI 1st (Top 4 protected)

2025 DEN 1st (Top 5 protected)

2025 2nd round pick (worst of MEM or BOS)

2026 MIL 2nd round pick

2027 BOS 2nd round pick

30 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Worthless.

How can a healthy 19ppg wing player who just scored a game winner bring back nothing in return. Even as a rental?

Seriously, nobody offered more? Did they even ask anyone, i bet the Knicks would have thrown us something slightly better. SMDH. 

Edit. I had to add it's pretty obvious we did not want to take back any salary in any Evan trade, but i still don't know why we took the Celtics offer. I'd rather have kept him and bought him out later this week just as a favor to him. That way he could have chosen whatever team he wanted. Like i seriously would have done that just as a big freaking F-you to Danny Ainge. It's obvious spending two days negotiating with Ainge screwed up his trade value. You can't tell me Dallas didn't want him or some other team.

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

How can a healthy 19ppg wing player who just scored a game winner bring back nothing in return. Even as a rental?

Seriously, nobody offered more? Did they even ask anyone, i bet the Knicks would have thrown us something slightly better. SMDH. 

Apparently we valued not taking back salary but we've already got off a bunch of salary next year with the Vuc/Aminu trade.

You could argue we can use the TPE to earn more assets but until we actually use it it has very little value.

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Apparently we valued not taking back salary but we've already got off a bunch of salary next year with the Vuc/Aminu trade.

You could argue we can use the TPE to earn more assets but until we actually use it it has very little value.

Ahh thank you, i had forgotten about the trade exception. They actually might use it if something pops up this summer.

I'm feeling pretty negative about this whole thing right now. 

But let me tell you even if we don't get Cade but we do get a top 4 pick I'll feel a lot better when I see this group of guys tearing it up next season:

Fultz

Anthony

Isaac

Okeke

Bamba 

Hampton

Carter

Our top 4 pick (if not Cade hopefully Jalen Green)

Like if we get 70 games of that team healthy I won't care how many we win because it should at least be fun.

• Upvote 1