Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

6 minutes ago, harley said:

Surely he’s under direction from the FO now and that doesn’t happen? Well find out tomorrow to see if he starts Birch over Mo. 

Be careful what you wish for.  Watching Mo at times has been like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Yeah wouldn’t be the end of the world. We’re getting a quality pick regardless of the year. I don’t believe in Chicago’s defense to see them getting past a round one. I think we did very well. Can you imagine getting this return for 29 year old Vooch a year and a half ago. No way 

I was busy today. LOL Magic, our front office really, really sucks. In essence they dumped all of Hennigan's work after making the playoffs two years completely from his players. They signed two of their players to contracts, when they didn't really have to. Finally they kept Bamba who will have absolutely no value if he cannot beat out the player they traded Vucevic for. In essence he is still competing against Vucevic for minutes. The return for everybody pales to what they could have gotten in years past. The only good thing is cap space at some point and a real shot at a top 3 pick, at last. Want to know what i think we have if we don't get that pick? Garbage.

Edit. Also the Magic haven't made any friends or connections with today's moves. I guarantee they pissed off a few agents,players and also made other teams convinced we are ready to bend over. Look at the Heat, not sure they made the right decisions but they shot their shot on their terms and got a couple players. Heck Dipo's trade is so light they can give him this season, and walk away if he sucks, no downside.

17 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I was busy today. LOL Magic, our front office really, really sucks. In essence they dumped all of Hennigan's work after making the playoffs two years completely from his players. They signed two of their players to contracts, when they didn't really have to. Finally they kept Bamba who will have absolutely no value if he cannot beat out the player they traded Vucevic for. In essence he is still competing against Vucevic for minutes. The return for everybody pales to what they could have gotten in years past. The only good thing is cap space at some point and a real shot at a top 3 pick, at last. Want to know what i think we have if we don't get that pick? Garbage.

Edit. Also the Magic haven't made any friends or connections with today's moves. I guarantee they pissed off a few agents,players and also made other teams convinced we are ready to bend over. Look at the Heat, not sure they made the right decisions but they shot their shot on their terms and got a couple players. Heck Dipo's trade is so light they can give him this season, and walk away if he sucks, no downside.

Have to disagree about this thing coming up multiple times where there is some strong assertion that more could have been had in the past or even present. Just because someone posted it as a rumour, or a beat writer speculated it or "sources said" ... without any acknowledgement from all of the parties involved over what they offered or what was "rejected" allegedly, it is hard to come to this conclusion logically.

• Upvote 1

The gordon trade was okay. I like Harris. I have also heard people speaking highly on RJ, though I did not like him in the draft. I hated the vuch trade and I do think we gave Evan way. I think we should have gotten more for Evan. I really need to see what picks we end up with before passing final judgement. Porter can also be good, if we sign him to a much better contract. I do like our young future. I also thought that this would be the year to tank for picks, because it was shorter and Isaac got hurt.

The missed up thing is that aaron finally started to look good with better usage. Too bad he requested a trade. 

I have no idea who’s going to score for this team other than Ross in its current state. Lol. 

like this is bad, like 80 points per game bad. Gonna be a wild ride. I just hope we actually see a major uptick in minutes for Chuma, RJ, Mo, and WCJ. 

watch bacon go all g league star again and just start chucking shots. Ugh.

there’s technically only two active players on the roster who even average over 10 ppg. Hahahaha 

sure wish we had more youthful talent to give minutes to and take a deep dive into. :/

2 hours ago, LaVar said:

The gordon trade was okay. I like Harris. I have also heard people speaking highly on RJ, though I did not like him in the draft. I hated the vuch trade and I do think we gave Evan way. I think we should have gotten more for Evan. I really need to see what picks we end up with before passing finally judgement. Porter can also be good, if we sign him to a much better contract. I do like our young future. I also thought that this would be the year to tank for picks, because it was shorter and Isaac got hurt.

The missed up thing is that aaron finally started to look good with better usage. Too bad he requested a trade. 

We got hosed in the nuggets deal. I was always high on Hampton...but his future would need be at the 2 in Orlando with Markelle/Cole in place. 

but yeah....that pick being a 2025 first is a joke.

and I wouldn’t get too excited about Gary Harris...he’s had significant injuries in each of the last 5 seasons. I doubt he’s even viewed as part of any kind of future plans...and... he’s as usual...currently injured. This free agent market is pretty thin this off-season...Orlando probably wont be spending any significant money until the following year anyway. When Harris will also be off the books.

but I’d honestly keep the expectations low for Harris.

and there is no way Otto Porter will be re-signed by Orlando.