Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

This doesn't really tell the whole story though does it considering the huge amount of injuries. 

Injuries doesn't really tell the whole story either, we were equally mediocre when we got a season of great health.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I hear you but I believe this time is different. While I don’t think he’s a creative coach, Cliff has established a culture of hustle and team play and our two young core guys got really hurt. As much as we didn’t want to make this choice, I believe we had to make this choice given the circumstances and our timeline. Fournier and AG were a given, and I think we saw the ceiling of a team built around Vooch.

I completely agree.  I was just hoping we could try to remain a little bit competitive while moving in a different direction.  Given the action today it seems we’re accepting being really awful for an unknown period of time

I’m concerned with relying on Fultz or Isaac given the injury histories.  Also, neither one shoots very well, which makes me feel like we are retracing some of our steps but with younger players.  

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Not my strategy at all. Getting a great player in the draft is a crap shoot no matter when you draft. I will go with the more chances you have increasing the odds though.

If the cost of that is fielding a terrible team year after year after year hoping to strike it rich with a sensational draft pick, then no thanks.  Been there.  

34 minutes ago, harley said:

Gone from being unwatchable to very watchable all the sudden. Can’t see how anyone can’t be happy with today’s result Start Cole, Rj,  Chuma and Bamba. Give them all the minutes. No reason to play bacon, Ennis, Randle, Birch meaningful minutes. 

Don’t agree with that strategy.  They will get slaughtered and there’s nothing watchable about that nor does it help young players develop properly.

You need to be competitive if possible and you need at least some veteran presence out there.  You should give the young guys burn, sure, but it needs to be balanced. 

• Upvote 1

So looking at our trades they are ok I guess, RJ Hampton is a good pick up but we got peanuts for Fournier and I feel not much for Vooch either. I guess it is the picks we were focusing on more so than anything else. I am excited for us turning the corner and see how it plays out. I am surprised Terrance Ross is still on our roster as well. 

39 minutes ago, harley said:

Gone from being unwatchable to very watchable all the sudden. Can’t see how anyone can’t be happy with today’s result Start Cole, Rj,  Chuma and Bamba. Give them all the minutes. No reason to play bacon, Ennis, Randle, Birch meaningful minutes. 

I totally agree.  I love what happened today and can't wait to see these young guys be able to work through their mistakes and develop.  

I see some people are disappointed by the return on these trades and they could have been a little better.  But what did you expect?  We are trading our best players but we are not good.  From the other teams perspective our players will be filling lesser roles on their teams.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

I see some people are disappointed by the return on these trades and they could have been a little better.  But what did you expect?  We are trading our best players but we are not good.  From the other teams perspective our players will be filling lesser roles on their teams.  

Vuc is a 2 time Allstar. You can’t tell me Wendell Carter JR and 2 protected firsts was a good enough return for him. We went from asking for the farmhouse at the beginning of the week to giving him up at a discounted price. Typical Magic moves and the only silver lining is Cliffs forced to play the younger guys now.

10 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Vuc is a 2 time Allstar. You can’t tell me Wendell Carter JR and 2 protected firsts was a good enough return for him. We went from asking for the farmhouse at the beginning of the week to giving him up at a discounted price. Typical Magic moves and the only silver lining is Cliffs forced to play the younger guys now.

I think if Vuc was a perimeter player who was a 2 time all-star his value would have been a lot higher.   But it could have been a little better.  

I love this deadline. Let the tank begin!!! We finally get rid of buddy ball and set ourselves up Big for next year, hopefull w/ Cade. Just imagine Issac now being a top scoring option on this team and the DPOY! 

2021-22 lineup w/ Cade:

PG Markelle Fultz (All Star), Cole Anthony , RJ Hampton

SG Cade Cunningham (Superstar),  Gary Harris (Expiring), MCW

SF Terrence Ross, (Josh Christopher or Zaire Williams w/ Bulls mid-1st rounder), Otto Porter on friendlier deal.

PF Jon Issac (Superstar), Chuma Okeke

C  Wendell Carter Jr, Mo Bamba

Maybe team can even get Otto to come back for Terrence Ross like contract. Cade makes any team look great, but having Kell and Issac healthy really changes the outlook.