5. Al Farouq-Aminu

Joining Orlando:

1. Otto Porter Jr. 
  2. Wendell Carter Jr. 
  3. Gary Harris
  4. R.J. Hampton
  5. Three 1st Round Picks
  6. Two 2nd Round Picks

Ultimately, that isn't an awful haul. Does it include players that will ultimately transform our franchise in 2 years? Probably not. But in 3-5 years when some of these guys have matured a bit in their games, I think they could be valuable pieces. 

Otto Porter is enjoying the final year of his massive contract. He will probably be gone after this year but if he resigns, then he will take significantly less than he currently makes. Gary Harris is under contract through next season, so we could potentially see what a lineup with Fultz, Harris, Okeke, Isaac, and Birch/Bamba/Carter (whoever we decide is our center) could look like. WCJ is also under contract till 2022 and since it is a rookie deal, he has to prove his worth to earn his next contract. I'm hoping a new time sets a fire under him to be the player people think he could be. I'll be interested to see what the Magic do with Anthony, Hampton, and Fultz. Is that our guard core moving forward? Or does one of them fall out of rotation and eventually get moved? Hard to imagine since Anthony and Hampton are so green and Fultz seems to be revitalized in Orlando. 

However, time to accept the rebuild now that we are officially out of the Henny years. We can see if our front office can turn us into the Bucks or Raptors. 

I didn’t want to spoil the appreciation tread(s) and I really do like Vuch. He really is playing great, but the fact still remains he hasn’t won a playoff series.  

The expectation should be deep runs and to become champions. Anything less isn’t good enough. 

Again, I really do like Vuch and wish him the best of luck. So hope this didn’t come off as being a jerk. 

8 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

I didn’t want to spoil the appreciation tread(s) and I really do like Vuch. He really is playing great, but the fact still remains he hasn’t won a playoff series.  

The expectation should be deep runs and to become champions. Anything less isn’t good enough. 

Again, I really do like Vuch and wish him the best of luck. So hope this didn’t come off as being a jerk. 

All good, this is the right place to post this instead of in the appreciation thread. I agree with you that at times he was underwhelming, but the playoffs against the Bucks changed the entire narrative on him. I’ve never quite seen a player change his entire game and be as successful as he did at the age he was able to do it.

• Upvote 1