Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

2 hours ago, harley said:

Haha yeah, he’s kinda AG in a different spot. I hope we send Evan to Dallas and get Johnson + Tyler bey or tyrell terry. 
And I would prefer AG to Dallas for a combo of Hampton and Barton/Harris. Get two nice young pieces to add to our core plus a vet to plug in for Evan for a bit. 

The Denver rumor can't be true. Denver simply can't afford to send Will Barton out in a trade, he is one of their main starters and scorers. And Gary Harris costs 21.5 million next year and misses 1/3 of games played every year. Harris,Hampton or Bol bol, and a late first would add almost 25 million to our cap NEXT YEAR. From 16 of Gordons contract to 25 million if we actually draft first round player and not trade the pick. Also Gary sucks now. I suppose a trade with Will Barton would work, not sure how Denver benefits, so i doubt it.

Edit. Denver got beat by the Pelicans before our game, then beat us then went to Tampa last night and were blown out by the Raptors. Gary Harris was a DNP in all 3 games. Will Barton started all 3 and played well in 2 games but had 0 points last night.

“As of this writing, the Boston Celtics remain very engaged in Aaron Gordon talks. However, the Denver Nuggets have emerged as the leading candidate to acquire the 25-year-old forward, according to league sources...

Boston's proposed deal has involved Marcus Smart and a first-round pick, sources said, and could even grow to include a second first-round selection plus Boston's trade exception. It would also then send Evan Fournier to the Celtics. 

Yet Denver's deal, centered around Gary Harris, a first-rounder and one of Denver's young players (RJ Hampton, Zeke Nnaji and Bol Bol), seems to be gaining momentum as Wednesday turns into Thursday. 

Jake Fischer

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Oh so now you show up!

hey...i'm here. that's all that matters, lol. 

the organization has to decide if they want to do a soft reset where they're still competitive next year or go all-in on a rebuild. I hope the Smart rumor is true and we can get him. 

Just now, Nyce_1 said:

hey...i'm here. that's all that matters, lol. 

the organization has to decide if they want to do a soft reset where they're still competitive next year or go all-in on a rebuild. I hope the Smart rumor is true and we can get him. 

It’s good to have you back!

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

“As of this writing, the Boston Celtics remain very engaged in Aaron Gordon talks. However, the Denver Nuggets have emerged as the leading candidate to acquire the 25-year-old forward, according to league sources...

Boston's proposed deal has involved Marcus Smart and a first-round pick, sources said, and could even grow to include a second first-round selection plus Boston's trade exception. It would also then send Evan Fournier to the Celtics. 

Yet Denver's deal, centered around Gary Harris, a first-rounder and one of Denver's young players (RJ Hampton, Zeke Nnaji and Bol Bol), seems to be gaining momentum as Wednesday turns into Thursday. 

Jake Fischer

A deal centered around Harris would have to be taking back another one of our contracts besides Gordon's. God, this just seems like a stupid move. Harris had 2 good years right before he signed his deal. They seem like outliers, this year his numbers are lower then his career averages, which have nosedived. Dude is only 26 though.

Whatever the Celtics end up doing over the next several hours, regardless of whether Aaron Gordon has regrets about his trade request, there is one thing for certain: Gordon remains eager to be traded to Boston, sources tell The Athletic. Gordon also would welcome a deal to Denver or Portland, according to sources, so Boston faces real competition to get a deal done by the NBA trade deadline at 3 p.m. ET Thursday.

As the Minnesota Timberwolves drift out of the race, according to league sources, the path toward completing a deal seems to be materializing for Boston. Denver remains neck and neck with the Celtics and Gordon would be happy to end up in Dallas alongside Luka Doncic, but all indications from sources across the league are that this will run to Thursday’s buzzer. The Nuggets can build a package around Gary Harris, rookie RJ Hampton and a first-round pick, which is a substantial enough package to make Boston’s desired package of rookie Aaron Nesmith, a first-round pick and a $17 million traded player exception (TPE) the Magic would create sending Gordon into Boston’s Hayward TPE seem untenable. Boston doesn’t seem to have other options, so they may be willing to outbid Denver.

Boston Celtics NBA trade deadline guide: What I’m hearing on Aaron Gordon – The Athletic

The Athletic's John Hollinger laid out a potential scenario that could work for both sides:

"[Aaron] Gordon might find a more desirable situation in Denver, where he would immediately fill the role vacated by Jerami Grant's departure a year ago. In this case, the likely terms are more clear: Gary Harris, R.J. Hampton and Denver's 2021 first-round pick. The Nuggets can't surrender two firsts, at least any time in the near future, because they're blocked until at least 2025 on the second one due to the Stepien rule and a 2023 conditional first they owe Oklahoma City, but the 2021 pick is fair game. Hampton, the 24th pick in the 2021 draft, becomes the second one.

"That price also gets Denver out of its most problematic contract, an $18 million a year deal for the oft-injured Harris, who actually might fit in better on an Orlando team more desperate for guard help. Note that a second player would have to go back from Orlando to Denver with Gordon in order to keep the Magic out of the tax, with the smart money being on Khem Birch."

The 2021 pick will probably be in the mid to late 20's.  I'm not a big fan of Harris either.