Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

50 minutes ago, New Guy said:

Trent Jr is the prize acquisition. And honestly, I think that’s just fine. Aside from maybe drafting Jalen Green...Orlando has a massive two guard problem going into next season. Trent Jr provides the scoring punch and potential to justify handing out a decently lucrative contract comparable to Dillon Brooks or Malik Beasley.

I wasn’t positive if hoods contract was guaranteed or not. So yes...Hood and Collins expiring contracts and Trent Jr., is a more than fair deal, IMO. Would Orlando probably want a pick as well? Probably. But the compensation to me seems absolutely fine. 

I would still draft Green after getting Trent tho lol

2 minutes ago, New Guy said:

They also just recently rejected a trade offer which included Beasley for John Collins, who is a better player than Aaron Gordon. They have no intentions of moving Beasley.

Yeah it would be stupid for them to move him. He's cheap and good. Speaking of troubled young players, anyone want Porter jr from the Rockets if we complete a trade with them?

2 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I would still draft Green after getting Trent tho lol

Technically Trent could play SF too. But not ideal 

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah it would be stupid for them to move him. He's cheap and good. Speaking of troubled young players, anyone want Porter jr from the Rockets if we complete a trade with them?

Heard he’s untouchable. Wood and Porter Jr absolutely untouchable apparently going forward. 

id say no anyway because he moved to PG and is extremely ball dominant. Don’t see how he would Mesh with Fultz at all. 

Total head case and super star level talent tho. Fun package. Lol

2 minutes ago, New Guy said:

Technically Trent could play SF too. But not ideal 

Alright, i'm back on the Gary Trent jr. train. The only problem is he was great for them when Cj was hurt. Do they value Gordon that much? I checked and we could send Bacon back with Gordon, the trade still works and they would still need a bench guard.

Just now, hootie249 said:

Alright, i'm back on the Gary Trent jr. train. The only problem is he was great for them when Cj was hurt. Do they value Gordon that much? I checked and we could send Bacon back with Gordon, the trade still works and they would still need a bench guard.

They don't want to pay Trent in the summer is the theory as to why he might be available.

You’re already seeing how much his role Is diminished with CJ healthy. He’s an afterthought now. There’s no way they’re going to pay him. 

11 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

They don't want to pay Trent in the summer is the theory as to why he might be available.

Oh man, i just looked at his stats the last ten games. They are pretty bad. Stats for the season are good though. Just used ESPN because it's easy. Gonna go check basketball reference. Just for some more info, the Blazers did not play little or Simons last night due to "Health and Safety Protocols". I'm betting it's bull and both of them are being dangled with Hoods contract.

Edit. Just realized the Blazers play here on Friday night.......

26 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Oh man, i just looked at his stats the last ten games. They are pretty bad. Stats for the season are good though. Just used ESPN because it's easy. Gonna go check basketball reference. Just for some more info, the Blazers did not play little or Simons last night due to "Health and Safety Protocols". I'm betting it's bull and both of them are being dangled with Hoods contract.

Edit. Just realized the Blazers play here on Friday night.......

Trent, Simons and Hood for AG would be a fair deal. I heard Hood's contract is a team option. Let him walk and give that cash to Trent. Let Simons fight it out with Fultz and Anthony.

I don't get how Trent Jr is an upgrade for us at all. Fournier is a better player, and may not cost much more to re-sign, considering the trade market for him. He's younger, sure, but... I don't know, maybe I'm missing the boat here. He looks like a classic 6th man to me. Getting Trent and picks for Gordon would be okay, I guess, though not a trade I'd make. But Trent and filler. Selling Gordon for way too little

10 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Well they are both wings. Trent is only 2 cm shorter than Ennis

Here is an Ennis fact, while not a game changer he's had a good year. It's really sad that Fultz and Isaac were injured because i think he would have looked even better on the floor next to them. He would be a good player to trade to a contender that needs a body.