Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

9 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Hood's contract is not guaranteed next year so trading either Evan or Gordon to Portland would result in salary relief if Hood and Collins were the filler sent back. The question is what young player and/or pick would they or could they send. To be clear you would not pick up either option. You could possibly convince either player to sign a prove it one year cheap contract.

Trent Jr is the prize acquisition. And honestly, I think that’s just fine. Aside from maybe drafting Jalen Green...Orlando has a massive two guard problem going into next season. Trent Jr provides the scoring punch and potential to justify handing out a decently lucrative contract comparable to Dillon Brooks or Malik Beasley.

I wasn’t positive if hoods contract was guaranteed or not. So yes...Hood and Collins expiring contracts and Trent Jr., is a more than fair deal, IMO. Would Orlando probably want a pick as well? Probably. But the compensation to me seems absolutely fine. 

10 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Hood's contract is not guaranteed next year so trading either Evan or Gordon to Portland would result in salary relief if Hood and Collins were the filler sent back. The question is what young player and/or pick would they or could they send. To be clear you would not pick up either option. You could possibly convince either player to sign a prove it one year cheap contract.

Hood is a team option he's almost certainly picking up.

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Lol or Houston 

Houston looks like the fall back option since they are determined to make things happen, unlike Ainge. Impossible to determine what we would get as it would most definitely be a multi team deal. 

Players on Houston i don't want. Wall,Eric Gordon and no return of DJ or Dipo. Nothing personal against Dipo i just don't see it worth paying him 25-30 million a year. 

In any case...Trent Jr would solve your two guard issue off the jump and be a nice fit with Fultz in the backcourt. 

Like i said having potentially four 23 and younger guys controlled for 4-5 years doesn’t sound like a bad problem. 

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Hood is a team option he's almost certainly picking up.

I think you meant to say player option as a team option is what we would want. I'll check sportrac as  it is more reliable then the site i was using.

Edit. I see the confusion. Only slightly over 10 million was guaranteed on a two year deal.It's not a team or player option. None of the money next year is guaranteed which is unusual but still beneficial to the team not the player.

7 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I think you meant to say player option as a team option is what we would want. I'll check sportrac as  it is more reliable then the site i was using.

Edit. I see the confusion. Only slightly over 10 million was guaranteed on a two year deal.It's not a team or player option. None of the money next year is guaranteed which is unusual but still beneficial to the team not the player.

I did mean player option. And I was sure it was a player option from looking earlier in the week but it appears you're right it's just non-guaranteed. 

• During his televised Trade Deadline special with Adrian Wojnarowski this afternoon, ESPN’s Zach Lowe suggested the Magic would “love to get their hands on” McDaniels in any Gordon trade with the Wolves.

Weltham sure do love them some lengthy PF's

Mcdaniels would be obvious get...I’d go as far as trying to pry little used Okogi or Nowell as well and Culver would assuredly be in it with salary filler to make it work. (Ed Davis)

Minnesota’s young talent pool runs deep. They are gonna trade first rounders there...so a surplus of young talent back is your best bet 

The best way for us to "win" this trade deadline is to get Malik Beasley and one of the young wolves they don't need, even if it's just a body. They know the future is Anthony, they don't need Malik. I'm betting they would love to field a complete team next year to try to win before Kat asks to leave. Beasley is a super low risk 20 point per game scorer. He actually has pretty good efficiency too. Screw Klutch sports, if Aarons agent *****es show them the door..

Beasley is certainly not available. They love him. Gave him a hefty new contract, got him a support system, stuck by him with all the off court nonsense and suspension. Etc 

They also just recently rejected a trade offer which included Beasley for John Collins, who is a better player than Aaron Gordon. They have no intentions of moving Beasley.