Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

Until I see it happen, my expectations are rather low on what Fournier, Ross or even AG will bring us in a trade. Let’s call it Magic Fatigue Syndrome.

• Upvote 1

I don’t even want Marcus smart. This team already sucks from 3. He adds nothing to the team. He’s an inefficient scoring two if everyone is healthy. 

what’s the point? 

28 minutes ago, New Guy said:

I don’t even want Marcus smart. This team already sucks from 3. He adds nothing to the team. He’s an efficient scoring two if everyone is healthy. 

what’s the point? 

He’s pretty much just a better version of MCW, but apparently his teammates love him and praise his leadership ability. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it became a 3 team deal though, even if we wanted Smart, I don’t think anyone is convinced he’d be happy and stay.

3 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

If any of that was true he wouldn’t be on the trading block, but here we are.

Yes, we are all aware that you don't think AG is a good player. Apparently, a lot of GMs disagree, since he's got so many teams looking to trade for him. Exactly how those teams value him will be seen when we actually trade him.

Of the things I said, some was opinion, some was fact, and some was simply what I would do in this situation. For the record, of the claims I made about Gordon himself: 1 - Gordon is indeed under contract through next year (that's just true, no ifs ands or buts); 2 - I have certainly never heard anything negative about his locker room presence, but if you have you're welcome to clarify how that part isn't true; 3 - Gordon being one of the most versatile players in the league is not really a hot take, considering the things he's done at an acceptable level since arriving in Orlando (defensive stopper and rebounder early on, then a decent third option offensively, then a sometimes point-forward, full-time defensive stopper), but you're welcome to disagree; 4 - he's shown this year he can be a better shooter and handle playing SF without dribbling the air out of the ball like he did when we tried him there years ago, so I'm not sure why he couldn't play with Isaac, especially since it worked well enough before he was shooting this well; 5 - he's been on the trading block basically since the current management got here, and there have been rumors every year that multiple teams want him, so why would next year be different?

It's fine if you disagree with the crux of what I was saying, that we shouldn't trade Aaron Gordon for just a good 6th man. That's an opinion, and you're welcome to your own. Again, you've clearly had a negative opinion of Gordon since we drafted him, and you've been plenty vocal about it. That's fine. The Dude abides, and all that. But your comment seems to imply that the reasoning behind my opinion is not just bad opinion, but untrue. Again, at least one point isn't up for debate. The rest could still all be true and Gordon could still be on the trading block. Indeed, at least a good portion of that being true is probably why so many teams are interested. I didn't say he was an All-Star, or anything like that.

Your comment just reads like petty sniping at Gordon (and by extension me, for valuing him more than a good 6th man), but that's nothing new. I guess one good thing about Gordon leaving will be not having to read these types of bizarre comments whenever Gordon is discussed on here.

• Upvote 2

AG playing last night and then outright admitting he does want to get traded means maybe Ross and Bamba are actually really injured? 

Trying to figure out a trade where we divert Marcus Smart and stuff to Indiana for Brogdon. It won't happen but it's fun to think about.

47 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Trying to figure out a trade where we divert Marcus Smart and stuff to Indiana for Brogdon. It won't happen but it's fun to think about.

Not sure why people don’t want Smart here. Sure he isn’t a great 3 point shooter but he’s a hell of a locker room guy, great vocal leader on the court, and an upgrade over MCW hands down who can play the 1 and the 2 and not be a complete liability on both ends of the floor. If we could flip him for Brogdon it would be the icing on the cake but I wouldn’t mind a package centered around Smart at all. Worse case he becomes a valuable trade piece at the next deadline. 

55 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

You know, AG is right a-lot of people are frustrated. I feel for all the players and honestly all the fans on this board. Every year the deadline is probably the most exciting time for a Magic fan besides our annual two week hot streak. At least this time something is gonna happen. 

Maybe Rob Hennigan and Sam Presti could help us facilitate a trade. You know, kind of a favor for absolutely fleecing our franchise years ago.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Eskobar said:

AG, a bust since the beginning, blaming others for the state of the team makes me laugh. He's one of the primary reasons the team has been awful for so long and the day he gets traded is the day this franchise gets better, regardless of what the return is.

So long, oblivious loser.

I'm going to assume you were a bit drunk when you posted this.

55 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Not sure why people don’t want Smart here. Sure he isn’t a great 3 point shooter but he’s a hell of a locker room guy, great vocal leader on the court, and an upgrade over MCW hands down who can play the 1 and the 2 and not be a complete liability on both ends of the floor. If we could flip him for Brogdon it would be the icing on the cake but I wouldn’t mind a package centered around Smart at all. Worse case he becomes a valuable trade piece at the next deadline. 

It's more that I don't think Smart would be happy about being here.