Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

12 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Smart, Williams III, and a couple of firsts for AG and some fillers. Get it done Weltham!!!

Add Birch and I am all for it.

For me, R.Williams is the more interesting of all the young guys from Boston and having Bamba competing for minutes with him can only improve his motivation.

It would solve any roster spot problem for us and Boston would like to get an hustling center.

16 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Why isn’t Williams starting in Boston? Isn’t this the guy who had off the court issues coming out?

I think they like his energy off the bench and they also like rolling with Theis as their starter. He should definitely be starting and would be a steal for us if we are able to get him away from Boston. 

Robbins finally proposes a good trade in one of his Athletic articles: AG to Portland for Trent, Jones, and Collins. And the Portland beat guy says he thinks they would accept in a heartbeat 

get that done ASAP imo

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I can't see the Celtics wanting to give up Time lord. But if we do get him id imagine we'd be trading Bamba.

I’d be fine with that honestly. I think everyone just needs a change of scenery at this point since Clifford is clearly not going to give him any meaningful minutes.

Just now, Jason Funderburker said:

Robbins finally proposes a good trade in one of his Athletic articles: AG to Portland for Trent, Jones, and Collins. And the Portland beat guy says he thinks they would accept in a heartbeat 

get that done ASAP imo

They need to include at least a first but I’d be happy with that package.

32 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Add Birch and I am all for it.

For me, R.Williams is the more interesting of all the young guys from Boston and having Bamba competing for minutes with him can only improve his motivation.

It would solve any roster spot problem for us and Boston would like to get an hustling center.

Yes agreed! I don’t mind keeping Bamba and letting them compete for playing time. 

I would love to get Lonnie Walker from the Spurs but the fans think every single young player they have is untouchable,lol.

The Celtics fans are saying Smart and William's are untouchable and barely even want to give up Nesmith. 

Portland fans don't want to give up Gary Trent jr even though they probably can't re-sign him. 

Basically fans overrate everyone on their own teams including our fans. 

The dream for Gordon is a possible starter and a pick...kudos if they get two firsts,even late firsts.

The dream for Evan is a reclamation project and a pick. Even a high second round pick.

That's why my preference would be New York and Detroits second round pick plus Knox. Second round picks can be better then late firsts because they aren't guaranteed. 

Trading Gordon and Evan together you have to get a starter. Smart is the only way Boston's trade makes sense. He absolutely would be the starter until Fultz is clearly healthy. 

I wish we had traded Gordon to the Suns in the offseason, I knew this was going to happen. 

Now they wasted a draft pick on a useless power forward and spent money on Crowder.

They could have had Gordon and we could have had either Vassell or Haliburton. Perfect fits for both teams. 

Sigh. 

11 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

get that done ASAP imo

I don't get this much love for Trent Jr. honestly. Jones and Collins are not particularly valuable pieces. Collins is injury prone and Jones is... fine, I guess, though he's getting paid twice what he should. So you REALLY like Gary Trent Jr. which I don't understand. He's basically a younger, less athletic version of Ross. So...trade AG to Portland for two okay backups and a really good backup. I mean, it's not the worst trade idea, I guess...

It’s crazy reading about all the love AG is getting. Last year we almost traded him for an unrestricted Oubre and a FRP. Now we are hearing of much better offers. I’m pretty excited to finally shake up this core and get some young guns in return. 

Edit: WeltHam, please make sure to trade Evan, too!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I don't get this much love for Trent Jr. honestly. Jones and Collins are not particularly valuable pieces. Collins is injury prone and Jones is... fine, I guess, though he's getting paid twice what he should. So you REALLY like Gary Trent Jr. which I don't understand. He's basically a younger, less athletic version of Ross. So...trade AG to Portland for two okay backups and a really good backup. I mean, it's not the worst trade idea, I guess...

The latter two are more for salary matching purposes than adding value, but there is some upside in Collins if healthy. But yeah, I like Trent - a long, decently athletic, sweet shooting wing who has improved his game every year in the league. I would probably prefer a pick to Jones, especially since Portland is super unlikely to bring Trent back. But as far as adding actual talent with upside to the roster, this is about the best possible deal out there