Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I don't think Kemba is as done as some people think. And even if he is, his basketball IQ is higher than Gordon and Fournier's combined

Trading for Kemba isn't possible due to next seasons salaries. He earns 36mill which would put us about 5 mill under the luxury tax. That puts us at roughly 134.2 mill in salary. The luxury tax next year is 139 mill. Then you add in a top 6 lottery pick and the Celtics 1st (probably another 8/9 mill for those 2) and you're way into the tax with only 12 roster spots filled.

He's about to hit 30, declining rapidly and is regularly injured, that's everything we don't want. FO need to be looking at good young players they can lock in on flexible contracts. And if Clifford is asking the FO for him then they need to fire his ass.

I actually love Kemba and agree on high IQ Mauro, but with his age, and with Fultz and Cole already in the roster, I just don't see it.

Apparently the Pacers are listening to offers on Brogdon. If there was anyway we could get him with some combination of Fournier, AG, Bamba and protected future picks/second rounders I'd be interested.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I'm going to say something I never thought I would. I'm fine with re-signing Fournier if it's at the right price. At this point, it's clear we're trading Gordon. I wouldn't do it that way, but the writing has been on the wall for a while. That makes Fournier affordable at the right price, so long as we don't take any real long-term salary back for Gordon. If Fournier can be had for 18 a year, I don't see any other guys who can give you his production at that price. And this team is going to need scoring, badly. Look at the guy's numbers. He has, much like his buddy Vucevic two years ago, built himself into a really solid starter. He's not a horrendous defender (usually, as long as you don't try to play him at SF), and statistically he's as good as Vuc was two years ago at the same age. In this scenario, I'm obviously still praying for Cade in the draft. He can play point forward and Isaac can move to his natural PF, we can run a lineup of Fultz/Fournier/Cade/Isaac/Vuc. That's a very competitive group when healthy.

Is keeping Fournier long-term my first choice? No. But the last couple years he's earned a bit more love. AT THE RIGHT PRICE. And if he figures the playoff thing out like Vuc apparently did...

Kinda weird to post an article saying he does not want to be here and then talk about re-signing him anyway. It's over buddy, because the gm's were so reluctant to make changes the players are doing it themselves. 

26 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Apparently the Pacers are listening to offers on Brogdon. If there was anyway we could get him with some combination of Fournier, AG, Bamba and protected future picks/second rounders I'd be interested.

That would be awesome and would really inject life into our franchise. It sure beats lottery balls. 

21 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He would be an interesting add assuming he doesn’t affect the ping pong balls. Adding him plus, say, Jalen Green does make the core feel a bit more dynamic

2 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

He would be an interesting add assuming he doesn’t affect the ping pong balls. Adding him plus, say, Jalen Green does make the core feel a bit more dynamic

And this is the problem, i'm not even going to imagine a trade for Brogdon because i don't think the Magic could build one without including this years pick. It's not worth it, because Brogdon isn't a star, just a very good player. Not gonna give up the chance at Cade or Green right now. Would only do it for Beal or another first team all-star to pair with Vucevic. The funny thing is before the season would do it in a heartbeat. Now that we are a bottom 5 team they better not trade that pick. I would guess nobody gives up enough at the deadline, maybe this summer.

9 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Smart, Williams III, and a couple of firsts for AG and some fillers. Get it done Weltham!!!

Pretty sure this is the deal I mentioned last night where they’re also absorbing Evan with their TPE. I think it’ll be one of Nesmith or Langford,  or Williams, but it also appears that the competition for AG is going up. We might wind up getting a really damn good return

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Pretty sure this is the deal I mentioned last night where they’re also absorbing Evan with their TPE. I think it’ll be one of Nesmith or Langford,  or Williams, but it also appears that the competition for AG is going up. We might wind up getting a really damn good return

Yes I do remember you mentioning it and would be ok with this return as long as Langford isn’t involved. I really hope it’s a bidding war and we get a good return on a trade for once.