Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

5 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I agree with this here unless we center the package around Smart, Williams III, and a couple firsts for Gordon and Fournier. Other than that I wouldn’t listen to anything else the Celtics were offering as Langford hasn’t been able to crack their rotation and he’s been with them for at least 3 years now and Nesmith doesn’t show he has anything special at the NBA level yet. So no thanks if I’m trading away a future Allstar I’m going to need more in return. I’d listen to all offers and put all teams against each other in a bidding war. Let the best offer win simple enough. 

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I really want Aaron in Denver for RJ Hampton, Bol Bol and Will Barton

Yeah, Denver are said to still be in the running. I prefer trading with them or Portland. Dunno if they could do a deal with Warriors, try and involve a 1st round pick swap with them for when they get the Timberwolves pick this season or next. Would give us a better chance at not dropping out the top 4 this year and Warriors would still get our really good 1st round pick. Would have to take on Wiggins contract for them to do that which I'm not a fan of. (Really don't like Wiggins as a player.)

Just hate the Boston players being touted. Langford is awful, Nesmith isn't much better and Smart would just be a rental that doesn't fit our roster at all. You might be able to bounce Smart for something but as a fit for Orlando, it's a bad one.

Personally think the Boston picks aren't as bad as people are making out. This year's will probably be in the teens and who knows what their team looks like in say 2023. Plus I can't imagine anybody else is going to be offering unprotected picks anyway. 

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Personally think the Boston picks aren't as bad as people are making out. This year's will probably be in the teens and who knows what their team looks like in say 2023. Plus I can't imagine anybody else is going to be offering unprotected picks anyway. 

Boston wont have a pick in the teens if they pick up Fournier and AG. Aside for the Warriors, the teams left can all only offer non lottery firsts, most of them late firsts at that so I much rather get a better caliber of player, that's where Boston fall away. Denver and Portland can both offer much better from a talent standpoint. The player/players we get back are much more important than some non lottery/late 1st. Our scouting department has shown on a consistent basis that we cant identify talent outside of the lottery.

It seems like everyone is kinda in agreement. The picks and Smart are the part i like, Romeo and Nesmith could be complete busts. Other young players around the league have shown to be at least rotation players. Also trading to another eastern team sucks, especially the Celtics. Don't hate on the late picks they could be used to move a bad contract like Aminu or make another trade later on. Smart isn't a bad player to come in for one year and stabilize the line-up. Obviously other teams could come through with a better offer, but will they? Denver could but what are they gonna give us? Blazers could but they gave up two picks already for Covington. Gary Trent jr. would be great but is a restricted free agent. We can't control what other teams would offer him. Simons and little have looked better then Nesmith and Romeo by a mile. This is the big question, who will give up something better then Boston.

And the Orlando Magic have discussed trading Evan Fournier, also on an expiring deal, plus a first-round pick for DeRozan, as the four-time All-Star could re-sign and help bolster the Magic once their roster returns to full health next season.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2937698-what-inside-sources-are-saying-about-nbas-top-buyout-candidates

nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

12 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Why would we take that contract

I don't think Kemba is as done as some people think. And even if he is, his basketball IQ is higher than Gordon and Fournier's combined

8 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I don't think Kemba is as done as some people think. And even if he is, his basketball IQ is higher than Gordon and Fournier's combined

Kemba would be the nail in our coffin if we traded for him. His contract is huge and grows each year. He is small, injury prone and gives up points on the other end. To put this into perspective, i'd rather have Cj McCollum. Guy has similar knocks against him, but at least he has that extra gear. Cj can go nuclear sometimes and definitely would be some teams leading scorer if he wasn't playing next to Dame. Kemba just doesn't have it anymore and was more a product of those bad Hornets teams. Yes,3 years ago i wished he was on the team, just not now and at 35 million plus a year.

Hard pass. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Austin Rivers is cheap but the guy keeps getting moved for a reason. When he is not hitting 3's he has almost no value. Check out his career stats, at least he gets paid like a back-up. No better then any of our current bench players. Knox would be worth a trade for Evan if he is getting shipped in a separate deal from Gordon. I would do it for Knox and Detroits second round pick they have. If Randle,Barrett,Toppin and Robinson are off the table it's Knox or nothing. Now the Knicks are under the cap so if they just want to send us a first round pick to absorb Fournier then you have to do it if no other offer is on the table. 

Knicks have 3 first round picks, Their own, Mavs and Clippers. They need a scorer and will get a player from some team.