Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

We done messed up A-A-Ron

Will buddy ball finally come to a close?

What will the Magic do with 30 year old two time all star Nikola Vucevic?

Will Frenchie walk for nothing?

Post all trade deadline stuff, Magic and non in this guy! Strap on in!

• Upvote 2

I’m reading reports that Boston is hot for AG. I bet they’re offering Nesmith and a FRP. Obviously, we’d want more but I’d be okay with that deal in the end. I doubt we get the young player plus two FRPs.

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m reading reports that Boston is hot for AG. I bet they’re offering Nesmith and a FRP. Obviously, we’d want more but I’d be okay with that deal in the end. I doubt we get the young player plus two FRPs.

I keep forgetting that the Cs have the cap situation to take on AG without having to match salary. Talk about an avenue to convince ourselves we could re-sign Evan *sigh

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I keep forgetting that the Cs have the cap situation to take on AG without having to match salary. Talk about an avenue to convince ourselves we could re-sign Evan *sigh

I believe to take him straight up they would need to use their trade exception and to take him straight into cap they would need to send someone back. I could be wrong tho

Keith also states the Magic are looking for a prospect and multiple firsts and that Aaron has the Celtics near the top of his wishlist. Take tweets from him with a grain of salt, he’s Orlando based but a Bostonian who’s gonna quote Celtics beat writers who think they’re owed everything. I’m at the point where if I see a team think they’re getting AG because it’s “the team at the top of his list” I ignore it. We’ll do our best to oblige, but Aaron’s list means very little next to the return we’d get. Only reason it comes in to play is if he tells certain teams he won’t extend if he’s traded there, and some teams will risk changing his mind over the next year and a half anyway.

If I’m interpreting the rumored offer from the Celtics right its Evan Fournier absorbed in to their trade exception, then Aaron Gordon for Marcus Smart, Aaron Nesmith/Romeo Langford and 2 first round picks. No idea when the picks would be or what the protections would be