Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic @ Boston - Mar. 21, 2021

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

You guys think the Celtics will trade us Jaylen Brown? lol

Tough loss, but when the other team is blistering the net like that, not a lot you can do. 2 more games left with Fournier

Why do you say "2 more games left with Fournier?" 

If it's about him being traded, you know the front office is in love with him. And Fournier has said he loves playing for the Magic...meaning, he wants to resign with the Magic.

5 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

If it's about him being traded, you know the front office is in love with him. And Fournier has said he loves playing for the Magic...meaning, he wants to resign with the Magic.

2 games left until the trade deadline and I’m optimistic I guess

I thought that usually, if a player is going to be traded, the coach has the player sit and not be allowed to play a few days leading up to the trade.

Recently, that happened to PJ Tucker who played for the Rockets. A week or 2 ago, I remember reading online where the coach said that Tucker would not be playing anymore. I now see that he has been traded to the Bucks.

Does anyone remember Rony Seikaly who played for the Magic a long time ago? Well, the Magic would not allow him to board the plane/bus for an away game. On tv they showed him being interviewed by a reporter and Rony poured a bucket of tears.

He was ready to board the plane/bus when the front office told him that he was being traded.

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Nope, he's openly said in a French interview that he wants to join a contender this summer, his house is on the market or has already been sold as well. He will be walking at the end of the season so we have till deadline to try and trade him for something before we lose him for nothing. Most likely this FO does nothing as usual and he walks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Does anyone remember Rony Seikaly who played for the Magic a long time ago? Well, the Magic would not allow him to board the plane/bus for an away game. On tv they showed him being interviewed by a reporter and Rony poured a bucket of tears.

He was ready to board the plane/bus when the front office told him that he was being traded.

I guess it depends on how secretive or how much of a surprise it is. PJ Tucker playing for the Rockets would have opened him up to the risk of injury and voiding the trade while any good he did on the court doesn't help them tank. A lot of mutual decisions. Similar things except the tears happened to I.T.  a few years back. We probably would sit these guys if it was 100% certain they were going. Clearly our FO is perpetually undecided.

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

You guys think the Celtics will trade us Jaylen Brown? lol

Tough loss, but when the other team is blistering the net like that, not a lot you can do. 2 more games left with Fournier? 

When you're not scoring many points, it's easier for the other team to score, because they get a lot of transitions.  This game was close in the first quarter when we were moving the ball and scoring well.

Never a lot you can do when your opponent shoots like that from 3. That last 3 from Brown with the handles and pullup over Vuc was filth. 

It's easy to forget now that we've got guys getting healthy again but we still haven't got a decent healthy full time PG available so while we might snatch a couple wins here or there we're still going to be bad. 

Low key a contender should call us about James Ennis. He's had a great season when he's been healthy and he really helps us. If we keep him past the deadline I expect he'll go back to starting at SF. Boston themselves could actually really use him.

Was nice to see Mane get some garbage time minutes. It'd be fun if he turned into an NBA player.

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Never a lot you can do when your opponent shoots like that from 3. That last 3 from Brown with the handles and pullup over Vuc was filth. 

It's easy to forget now that we've got guys getting healthy again but we still haven't got a decent healthy full time PG available so while we might snatch a couple wins here or there we're still going to be bad. 

Low key a contender should call us about James Ennis. He's had a great season when he's been healthy and he really helps us. If we keep him past the deadline I expect he'll go back to starting at SF. Boston themselves could actually really use him.

Was nice to see Mane get some garbage time minutes. It'd be fun if he turned into an NBA player.

We have to have the worst point guard tandem in the league right now. Given our commitment to Fultz and Anthony, I don’t expect that to change, but we are crazy terrible at that position right now. 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

We have to have the worst point guard tandem in the league right now. Given our commitment to Fultz and Anthony, I don’t expect that to change, but we are crazy terrible at that position right now. 

100%

We have zero active point guards on the roster, Randle is an undersized 2 and MCW is a 2. If MCW kept getting forced as a 1 instead of coming to Orlando and reinventing his position, he wouldn’t be in the league right now. I also agree that we won’t address it at the deadline, no point. We’d probably have 3 or 4 more wins right now (since Cole went down) with somewhat competent PG play